Cock Ups and Conspiracies

Must admit,I’ve had better weekends. It didn’t start very well in Paisley,and yesterday’s results indicate that we are in a battle for this title.

How did it come to this? Double Treble winners on an open top bus to being unable to beat a team who parked it in front of goal. I mean,it’s not like our personnel or tactics have changed much,is it?

Or is that a clue,right there? To stand still in football is to go backwards. Nothing that I’ve seen this season so far inspires the sort of joy and delight that I’ve experienced in most of my 50+ years of hooooopiness.

We need to click,and we need to do it very soon.

Of course,there are other factors at play here,and let’s not ignore them. We are,once again,being refereed differently. To explain the effect this can have,we are not firing on all cylinders,and the referees are tinkering with our spark plugs. Meantime,they happily offer their favoured teams a tow or a jump-start.

Look at the yellows Ntcham received on Friday. Compare and contrast the behaviour of Lafferty-twice!-and Naismith,to name but two. Look at the behaviour of the Compliance Committee when it comes to dealing with certain players.

For once,it’s not just us. Steve Clarke showed a pair sadly lacking at Celtic Park. And Aberdeen have just done the same-read their statement here.

So are we in line for more honest mistakes? The powers-that-be definitely smell blood,and they’ll certainly go for it while they can. I’m indebted to e-Tims and Paul Larkin for the catalogue of rank bajin cheating we had to put up with as hunnery closed ranks to keep their  favourites infused with CL money.

Fifty Honest Mistakes-Why Ten In A Row Matters

Ill have to post Paul’s film at the end of this article due to editing problems it causes this Luddite,but you must watch it. Took me ages to find it as it has been pulled by most hosting sites. On whose orders,I wonder.

Next up,we have the realisation by SFA that even they are embarrassed by recent compliance adjudications. Their response has,hilariously,been to blame a recent rule change,citing unfamiliarity with the rule book and certain words like brutality.

Cant be that recent,they were in force here when John Terry was playing for Chelsea.

More importantly-and this is the best laugh-rule changes like this are only brought in at the behest of IFAB and a 75% majority

The composition of IFAB is here

As you can see,SFA is one of five members who decide on these changes. FIFA and the four UK-based associations,no-one else. Which means that the SFA are asking for clarification on a rule change which they helped introduce!

Or maybe they are just covering their collective arses,because here’s a thought…

Those ex-referees on the Compliance Committee have proven themselves to be incapable of impartial judgement. Does anyone think that they were any different on the pitch a few years back?

Watch Paul’s video and judge for yourself

Guest article by majoc

sentinelcelts@gmail.com

Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Great article M.
Went to the match in Paisley and have allowed it to give me a pretty miserable weekend.
In truth, Celtic performed poorer than Son of Satan wi the whistle, Broonie and Dedryck apart.
Brendan needs to do some hard work before Thursday. I do not fancy another miserable next weekend, post Celtic match.
YNWA

majoc
Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi,Garry.

Just noticed that the 50 Honest Mistakes link didn’t work-well,told you I was a Luddite.

Here it is-I hope!

Hope next weekend is a cracker for you,could do wi putting a smile on my face!!!

Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 6:06 pm

garry, watched some highlights this morning like watching paint dry majoc, who has been getting at you over on the other side, keep on keeping on.hh.

mahe
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 6:11 pm

That link did work you Luddite ( thons old fashioned hey ) but like Garry said great writing Majoc and thanks from us all. The more see Pauls work the better . A fellow member of the Sonoma County CSC Im happy to report . The San Diego CSC just lost their headquarters and are now back to the drawing board . Its a battle here with the terrible hours the games are on allied with the fact you cant really drink at them hours yet youre with your mates having a bit of banter . Someone is waking up to let you in extremely early and usually cook breakfast and theres a challenge. My CSC meets later in the day with everyone having avoided the score and handled their business that needed done. Thats the way to go imo and it suits us I guess. Theres always a fine line to walk and many times it comes down to the personal preference of the members . They can be a Godsend though.

Garry Duncan
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Brendan needs to change things about for Thursday. I would bring back Sinky and play KT in his best position, left back in a back 4.
Would have Gamboa back as our pacy right back who can deliver a ball into the box to hopefully Griff and OE. 442 and go for jugular and early goal.
YNWA

Garry Duncan
Reply to  big packy
September 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Big Packy
I was yearning to be back in the Feegie Park rebel pub, 30 minutes into the match. It was worst match I have attended in Paisley since Mogga got sacked.
YNWA

Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 6:23 pm

garry agree its not rocket science, would also play gamboa or emillio instead of lustig ,what do you think.

Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Every current ref is briefed about law changes and interpretations before the start of each season. In England, this is done by the County FA for refs registered to them. Elite level are briefed by the FA, and I assume a similar process is followed in Scotland. So, the SFA brief their refs but don’t understand what they’re telling them, even though they helped draft the changes. Nice attempt at deflection, but they’ll get away with it as not a single MSM will even think of questioning them.
By the way, Majoc, not only was I 6’4” at 22, I looked bloody handsome with that beard……?

Garry Duncan

Ntcham
Rogic
Forrest
Sinclair
Griffiths
Edouard.
Hit Rosenberg hard and often fae the first whistle.
We need an early goal in every game, to bring park the bus opponents out of defence.
In Brendan I Trust.
YNWA

Garry Duncan
Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Mistake team. Tierney for Rogic. ?

Garry Duncan
Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Sol Kitts
Are you fae my wee favourite Ayrshire toon. The one that is about to erect a statue for it’s greatest son, Bobby Lennox?
YNWA

Sol Kitts
Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Near enough, used to live in Ardrossan, but how do you make a username from that?

Garry Duncan
Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 6:47 pm

First 9 years of my life I was taken to Saltcoats for Glasgow Fair fortnight. This coincided with Celtic winning 9 in a row and a big cup in Lisbon. Happy Days
YNWA

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  mahe
September 16, 2018 7:21 pm

I lead a sheltered life,I’ve never seen any one but Celtic before.Makes you angry MAHE

Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 7:22 pm

hi garry would go with that.hh.

Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 7:29 pm

sol kitts welcome.hh.

The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Paul is a man after my own heart 🙂
Justice and fairness in scotland, not a hope, yet we only have less than a handful of ex players who will open up about the cheating.
Our club are happy to condone the cheating, Dr. John mentioned the dossier and said those infamous words….”Those days are gone”….never a peep from him after that, who shut him up and for why ? We had them by the bollix at that time, they were finished, all we had to do was push the button and the game in scotland was ready to be cleansed, the bigots were done for, yet we didn’t, again I ask why and for what reason, money, probably, it’s the only thing that gets their juices flowing, a Celtic team winning everything is not that good for business, we need the competition, least the suits think we do.
Scunnered if the truth be known.
Good blog btw M

mahe
Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Sol Kitts, welcome and thanks for stopping by. Hail Hail

majoc
Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 7:36 pm

SOL KITTS

Yo,bud! Thanks for the reminder about IFAB. Btw,can you recall why the young fella next to us got flung out the queue that night?

mahe
Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Since JR said those words we have never had it so bad. He might have had the correct sentiments but it has backfired on the fans. Hail Hail

Garry Duncan
Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 7:51 pm

TET
You asked a rhetorical question there.
We all know why John Reid was silenced, and we know who silenced him.
Same as it ever was!
David Byrne Dumbarton Harp CSC

Sol Kitts
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Nah, you know what my memory’s like.

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  Garry Duncan
September 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Who is this GARRY D??

majoc
Reply to  Sol Kitts
September 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Copper on a horse pulls up next to us and asks-haw,are old enough to smoke?

Young fella-aye.

Copper-well,you need to be 16 to smoke,and that’s too auld to be in this queue!

majoc
Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 8:04 pm

THEEXILEDTIM

I’ve never heard the word scunnered used so often as in the last few months by Celtic fans. It’s like the new buzz word. And no wonder,btw.

majoc
Reply to  Fairhill Bhoy
September 16, 2018 8:06 pm

FAIRHILLBHOY

Some posters are using a different moniker here. Hope you had a great time in The States-sure sounds like it!

mahe
Reply to  Fairhill Bhoy
September 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Did you like Vegas hey? Hail Hail

majoc
Reply to  Fairhill Bhoy
September 16, 2018 8:09 pm

FAIRHILLBHOY

There’s a reason for that,mate. Virtually every hosting site has pulled it. If you google it,you get directed to This Video is unavailable/has been withdrawn on copyright grounds.

It’s like someone has something to hide.

Sol Kitts
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 8:11 pm

God yes, I remember that now.

Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 8:27 pm

majoc yes scunered so am I hh.

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Something to hide?I ok

The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 8:59 pm

If Lustig is fit he will play, of that there is no doubt, I am not in the his legs have gone camp, he always gives 100% and that’s all he can do.
I have always said that if players were faultless they wouldn’t be playing for Celtic, they would be at the Reals and the Barcas of this would, even then they are not faultless, yet many of our support expect our players to be, crazy imo.
I won’t second guess Brendan, we have no idea how they are doing at training or if they are carrying any niggles, I will trust him to sort it tho.

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I was being sarcastic mate,We had a brilliant holiday?

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  mahe
September 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi mate,Vegas was brilliant ,second time there and definitely not the last.
Thanks for asking ?

The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 9:08 pm

This is an old site that hasn’t been updated for a while, but trust me, some of the honest mistakes here is mind boggling, well worth a watch.
My fav is the one where elbows elbows and Aberdeen player right in front of the lino, play on, incredible stuff.

Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 9:19 pm

The Exiled Tim, sony aluko is a quick learner.hh.

majoc
Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 9:19 pm

THEEXILEDTIM

Thanks,TET. I looked for that all weekend and couldn’t find it. Hence cribbing from e-Tims.

majoc
Reply to  big packy
September 16, 2018 9:20 pm

BIGPACKY

Turns out they should have signed his sister!

The Exiled Tim
Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Aye, it’s a cracker alright 🙂

The Exiled Tim
Reply to  big packy
September 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Scroll down to near the end and see McCullochs elbow on the Aberdeen player, it’s unbelievable.

Reply to  majoc
September 16, 2018 9:37 pm

MAJOC. nice one.hh.

mahe
Reply to  Fairhill Bhoy
September 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Let me know I will look into meeting you there. Im there too often. Hail Hail

The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Just watching a game between Lanus and Racing Club from the Argentinian premier league, a very different game to what we have been playing for a while now, it’s all forward thinking and the movement is superb, everything is a forward pass and if they lose it they try and get it back asap, we used to do this on a regular basis, WTF happened ????
Pass and move, pass and move, Mr Stein was an advocate of this and it worked oot no bad for him 🙂

Reply to  The Exiled Tim
September 16, 2018 10:23 pm

The Exiled Tim, wish Brendan had jocks philosophy, sadly at the moment not looking good.hh.

The Exiled Tim
Reply to  big packy
September 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Maybes it’s the third season blues getting to him 🙂
It could be worse mind you

majoc
September 17, 2018 8:34 am

The Clumpany site is well-known for its satirical take on Scottish football,but occasionally even a master has to bow to the inevitable and admit that some things are just beyond parody. So he has turned his hand to packing a mighty punch,a clumping great fist,in fact.

As you can see here…

mahe
Reply to  majoc
September 17, 2018 4:28 pm

new article posted

Fairhill Bhoy
Reply to  mahe
September 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Sounds good mate,would enjoy that,cheers?

Bobby Russell