Celtic 2 – 0 Ross County

It falls to me to write the match reviews and that means that I actually have to watch the game! Last night-well,I wish I hadn’t. To be fair,I do my best. I really do. There is not one positive thing that I can say about last night,bar the fact that we won.

Talk about watching with needles in your eyes? Anyone who watched that last night knows what I mean. I am delighted at the three points-against a team who have lost four in a row without scoring since they last won. Ooooops was that against us,I think it was.

LAST NIGHT WAS GARBAGE.

Chalmersbhoy
December 24, 2020 6:35 am

Bmcuwp
I agree on your summation but,there is always a but.
At this moment I’m happy with 3 points hopefully the silky football will come soon.
Anyways

Merry Christmas to you all
HAIL HAIL..

December 24, 2020 8:03 am

Sorry I couldn’t be more positive,folks-but bloody hell…

Thetic
December 24, 2020 8:04 am

I feel like we are standing on a trap door just waiting for someone to pull the lever and put us out of our misery

December 24, 2020 8:18 am

MORNING ALL and JIM, jim brilliant story and ever word true😎 cant wait for part 3👍

December 24, 2020 8:22 am

BOBBY wont comment on last night😎but that post about wootton bassett, reminded me i used to drive through there on occasion ,remember the army barracks and the little thatched roof houses👍

December 24, 2020 8:31 am

RALPH from e-Tims is no more eloquent than me about last night,but stick with it as he gets fired into the CST for their decision the other night.

Friesdorfer
December 24, 2020 8:55 am

A succinct review of last night’s game. Not much more to be said, backed up by ETims article today.

bournesouprecipe
December 24, 2020 9:08 am

Watching football with an empty doesn’t get any easier.

Escapism for the working person took on a wholly new significance in 2020, this can’t be the Celtic,where the pitch looks twice the normal size, nobody covering the muddy bits, never mind every blade of grass. A support left to their own devices, its football Jim! – but not as we know it.

The new diamond cutting through the bank of six didn’t really happen either, just a Frimpong byeline rarity for Turnbull’s tap in, and an old stager embarrassing Eddy’s height but no threat. Soro still wearing his untested soft slippers likes a pass forward instead of the sideways sweep when he can, and Ajer fresh from his equally ‘disrespectful’ penalty, has new confidence in his licence to dribble. A dark day when you don’t mind the next game being on plastic, we may get a good bounce away from the bobble.

Boxing day with a Celtic game should be for friends and family meeting up, pie, bovril and a late Nakamura winner sending 50,000 ecstatics sliding away across the frozen footprint. Can’t mind if we won the league that year, but I do suspect there will be no repeat feat this time round.

Football running on an empty

M.O.M Ismaila Wafougossani Soro

fan-a-tic
December 24, 2020 10:03 am

Did you not see the brilliance that could have led to us scoring six according to Neil in a post match interview?
In fairness we played positive football on two occasion’s that resulted in goals.
But for me if your captain and coach are unwilling to take any responsibility then being a rudderless ship is not surprising.

December 24, 2020 10:07 am

Season’s greetings fellow Celts! Hope all is well in your wee Celtic world.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 🌟
🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

December 24, 2020 10:13 am

FAN-A-TIC

No,mate. Watching the game was punishment enough.

December 24, 2020 10:39 am

Morning all and a Happy Christmas Eve to all. I hope everyone has a peaceful and safe Covid-free Christmas.
To the game…very poor finishing was the difference between 2 and 5-nil, or maybe more! Griff and Eddy the main culprits in costing me 3 points in the Predictor! When all is said and done, given how this season has transpired (or is it expired!) a clean sheet and a few chances and Turnbull, Soro, Griff and Mikey all getting more game time getting the full three points is always the most important thing! It’s another step forward, we just need to keep taking these games one by one until the biggie at New Year!
I’ll start the Festive tunes with this little ditty….

CaltonTongues
December 24, 2020 10:54 am

BMCUWP,

It could be worse you know….

HH & Merry Christmas Eve Everyone

December 24, 2020 11:23 am
December 24, 2020 11:43 am

Trump pardons all the guys who lied,and done time for him,drain the swamp? Fkn corrupt to the core

Mark Chapman has a chance, with this publicly junkie…

December 24, 2020 12:00 pm

BADABING

Fuxake,don’t give him ideas.

December 24, 2020 12:00 pm

CALTONTONGUES

That made me smile. Needed that!

Garry
December 24, 2020 12:04 pm

Bada
Chapman has done his 40 years for assassination. I reckon Yoko would pardon him.

Frodshambhoy
December 24, 2020 12:10 pm

Have only seen the highlights on SPFL website. Just like McCaff I thought poor finishing was the problem but I saw less than 5 minutes.
Comments suggest Christie was back on dead ball duties and messing up again.
If so, why.
I also think our decision making in the final third is usually awful.

Garry
December 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Whilst I almost fell asleep watching the match last night, I feel there were a few positives to take from the match. The continued good form of Soro, Turnbull and Ajer, and a clean sheet and another 90 minutes for our big, skinny, Downpatrick goalie. There were positives, if you choose to look for them. The negativity around our team just now, is blinding many in our support, to the baby step improvements we are making.
Here we fuckin go! 9 points from our next 3 games, and it’s game on.

Garry
December 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Bada
Trump’s whole Presidency was like something written and filmed in Hollywood. Coming to think of it….

December 24, 2020 1:02 pm

GARRY

I take your point about negativity but I could hardly have been more positive than in yesterday’s article. Maybe that’s why the performance pissed me off so much.

Garry
December 24, 2020 1:18 pm

BMCUW My point about the negativity in our support was not directed at you M. More a general feeling about those Celtic supporters who follow the SMSM line.
In the words of the great Oscar, “We are all in the gutter, but some of us, see the stars.”

December 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Garry- it could be the realisation of a lot of the support, that we don’t believe this team is capable of going on a title challenging run.

Garry
December 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Bada
Realists or pessimists?
We will soon find out mate.

Awe Naw
December 24, 2020 1:33 pm

It could have been 5.0 if Leigh and Ed took their chances and they should have arguably 6. Against a team that ended our stranglehold on domestic trophies two weeks ago. We never conceded either so it can be argued that the trajectory is up. It was just not convincing enough performance to relax anyone. I suggest that the one day preperation for the match is not enough but we can state onwards and upwards hopefully

December 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Garry- right now I am realistically pessimistic…..😵,I seriously hope to be proved wrong, January next week, we don’t know who is our best goalkeeper, and we don’t have a right back worthy of the name,and the amount of free headers we allow in our own box is frightening……apart fae that…..😁

December 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Interesting business, and address! 👀, for Trump’s son in law to buy https://youtu.be/Hypj-bmBtJU

Garry
December 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Bada
I honestly think that Barkas is our best goalie. He has been error free in his Celtic career so far. Think he should be given an extended run in the team. Hazard, decent back up, we have discovered.

December 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Garry- agree,Barkas hasn’t been the success we hoped for, but there has to be a GK in there,Stevie Woods should be working overtime with him,I would play Bain before Hazard BTW.

Garry
December 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Bada
It is just a pity that the Dumbarton Harp Celtic Club is closed just now. Stevie Woods could take Barkas in for a few Guinness and a chat with the members. Would help boost his confidence.

leftclicktic
December 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Good afternoon all
Hope Santa is good to you all.Till we meet again.YNWA.

Margaret McGill
December 24, 2020 2:43 pm

I watched the game yesterday also (link thanks to bada) and yes it was awful.
So its mission accomplished. Save the Old Firm Judas maneuver is a done deal. At least I have not contributed to the 30 pieces of silver

Margaret McGill
December 24, 2020 2:45 pm

It’s mission accomplished also for the Trump family. They have lined their own pockets emptied the treasury and abused the office by pardoning their corrupt facilitators including a convicted murderer. He will pardon himself next. Notice also that Wall street is booming. Its getting more stimulus freebies from the US treasury than the 40million unemployed thrown on the American covid dog heap of 2020. His next objective is to muck things up as much as he can before he leaves. The TV showman. You get what you deserve I guess if your lives are run by TV.

Garry
December 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Song for Mags.
Crackin live band.

Margaret McGill
December 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi Garry
Thanks
I remember this from years ago.
Kill your television !
as it says in the comments the modern day equivalent would be deactivate all your facebook, twitter and instagram accounts.I have.

Magua
December 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Jimthetim53

Have just read your post from last night. Class, my good man. Almost spilled my drink laughing… I’ve never given away pies in my life. I’m a bit of a greedy fecker

Will not be posting for the next couple of days …so I’ll leave you with a few random thoughts.

Mahe and BMCUW

Thanks for creating this blog…have found a lot of new Celtic friends.

Speaking of which, to those two scamps

Big Packy and Jimthetim53

Have a very Happy Christmas lads… you’re two of the best.

Puff Puff
Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Remember this: No member of our great Celtic family will ever walk alone.

To all Sentinel Celts

Have a happy and holy Christmas. Remember in your thoughts, fellow Celts who are lonely, homeless or hungry at this time, or indeed All people in the above categories. It’s what Brother Walfrid would wish of us.

Catch y’all in a couple of days. Stay safe.

December 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Bada,

The collection of players that we have are capable of going on a winning run. The problem is elsewhere but enough of that on Christmas Eve!

As I get older, I drink more and more from the cup of nostalgia. Ah, the old days, the Christmases gone by. Two of my sons will celebrate Christmas before me. The one in Sweden will be God Jul (Merry Christmas) six hours before me and celebrating it in his new house! Another in London, England will be celebrating it five hours before me, and surrounded by Tier 4. I wonder how we all got spread out across the world! Still family but spread so painfully far and wide. I see my parents laughing now as karma sinks in. There they were in 1981 at Prestwick Airport tears running down their cheeks wishing us the best as we, excitedly, departed for Canada. Mum and Dad, I feel your pain now!

My favourite Christmas was when I got my Hornby Electric Train set. That Christmas I awoke surrounded by presents and started to open the biggest first, hoping for the train set. Hope sank as I started on the smaller presents. At the end, my father asked me if I had a good Christmas. Making a brave face, I smiled and nodded. Then, dad said what is that sticking out from under your dressing gown in the corner. Yes, oh Yes, the package was the correct size! The first rip of the paper revealed the blue of the Hornby box. Joy, Oh Joy! I still have some of that set, although the train rusted out in my basement in St Johns, Newfoundland. One rail and one carriage remains, displayed proudly, reeking of memories as Neil, my friend, and I played with our trains together.

Now, I think how cosmopolitan I have become, as befits living in Canada. When I drive into Ottawa to see-my oldest son, I drive through the China town and wonder at the names on the shops. My fav is “Wah Shing” which seems to sell bric a brac. I wonder what my Glesca grannie would make of it? Would she turn up with two big bags full of her laundry in a glorious clash of Cultures? What a scene that would be. Still, we are all Jock Tamson’s bairns!

Merry Christmas to ye all, but especially to my brother Drew who left us on April 1 this year…..His final joke for us all.

Rebus

December 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Tuchel fired at PSG. Pocchettino to replace him. Damn! I guess that means he won’t be coming to Celtic.

jimthetim53
December 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Rebus, beautiful post! Both humorous and moving in equal measure!
Merry Christmas. 🙂

December 24, 2020 3:59 pm

REBUS, same as jim have a lovely christmas, well as much as you can in these sad times.H,H,

December 24, 2020 4:05 pm

MAGUA, lovely post, merry christmas to you and yours,,might have a few more stories in the new year just for you😍 take care and stay safe pal,,H.H.

December 24, 2020 4:21 pm

MIKE IN TORONTO, hi mike you heard it here first, steven gerrard wants to be our next manager, he has listened to you will never walk alone at parkhead, and reckons its better than the kop singing it, well ill back him up, wee joan dragged me screaming and shouting to some european games at anfield in the mid eighties, always at the anfield road end, the kop end is worse than celtic v rangers at parkhead in the celtic end, you cant feckin breathe, mind you back then anfield was not all seated, and anfield is a lot smaller than parkhead,,another true story😎

timhorton
December 24, 2020 4:49 pm

chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKILk4k3xvk

timhorton
December 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Not working c/p

Oglach
December 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Mo chairde

Shona Nollaig agus athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh

Enya

Óíche Chiúin

jimthetim53
December 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Magua, don’t be away too long. Have a good time.
Merry Christmas.

December 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Anyone in the market for a new watch have a look on Danbury Mint at the Celtic FC Quadruple Treble watch only £199 🎅🎅

December 24, 2020 5:52 pm