You Are The Ref!
Today brings us a wee quiz on the laws of the game. Courtesy of SOLKITTS,and including the latest directives from IFAB.
Some of these questions are a little strange. Stranger still,I think,are the answers!
They arrive tomorrow.
1. What are the minimum pitch dimensions?
a. 70 yds x 110 yds
b. 50 yds x 100 yds
c. 60 yds x 120 yds
2. How many people can be passing tactical messages from the technical area at a time?
c. No limit
3. What are the dimensions of the goal?
a. 8 yds wide x 8 ft high
b. 7 yds wide x 8 ft high
c. 8 yds wide x 7 ft high
4. What weight should the ball be?
a. 14 -16 oz
b. Anything under 20oz
c. 16-25 oz
5. What items must the referee take onto the pitch with him?
6. Team A are attacking, and shoot on the goal. The ball hits the referee and goes into the goal. What is your decision?
a. Award the goal
b. Indirect free kick to the attacking team
c. Drop ball
7. Team B’s goalkeeper tries a long throw out. The wind catches the ball and it flies directly into the team A’s goal. What is your decision?
a. Award a goal to team B
b. Drop ball from where team B’s keeper threw the ball.
c. Goal kick to team A.
8. Team A take a goal kick. The ball goes directly to their centre forward standing alone in team B’s penalty area, with no defenders between him and the goal. He rounds the goalkeeper and puts the ball in the net. What is your decision?
c. Retake the goal kick
9. Two of Team A’s players, in their own penalty area, start arguing with each other while the ball is in team B’s penalty area. One of the players then throws a punch at his team mate, but misses. The assistant referee brings this to your attention. What is your decision?
a. No action, the punch missed
b. Stop play, send off the player who threw the punch, penalty kick to team B
c. Stop play, send off the player who threw the punch, restart with an indirect free kick in team B’s penalty area
10. The ball is in the centre circle. The assistant referee alerts you to an incident in team B’s penalty area where a team A player head butted a team B player. What is your decision?
a. Stop play, send off the team A player, restart with a drop ball in team A’s penalty area
b. Stop play, send off the team A player, restart with a direct free kick to team B
c. Wait till the ball goes out of play then send off the team A player
11. Team A have been awarded a penalty kick. Player 9 puts the ball on the spot and retreats to the edge of the area. You blow your whistle to signal for the kick to be taken, and team A’s number 11 runs into the area and takes the kick. The ball enters the goal. What is your decision?
a. Award the goal
b. Retake the kick.
c. Caution player 11 and award an indirect free kick to team B
12. Team A have a throw in. The player taking it does so with both feet on the ground, but his leading foot is mostly over the touch line and on the field of play, with only his heel on the line. What is your decision?
a. Play on
b. Foul throw, award a free kick to team B
c. Foul throw, award a throw in to team B
13. Team B have a throw in, in an attacking position. When their player is taking it, a team A player jumps in front of the team B player, 1 yard in front of him. The ball travels to a team B player who shoots and scores. What is your decision?
a. Stop play, caution the team A player for encroachment on the throw in, award an indirect free kick to team B.
b. Stop play, caution the team A player and award a direct free kick to team B
c. Award the goal, caution the team A player for encroachment on the throw in
14. It’s a very windy day, and team B have a corner. The taker decides to hit the kick back to a team mate on the halfway line, but the wind catches the ball and blows it straight into taker’s goal. What is your decision?
a. Award a goal to team A
b. Retake the corner kick
c. Award a corner kick to team A
15. As you run past the technical area, you hear one of the occupants of team A’s area call you a useless bassa. You can’t identify which one of them said it, but you are certain the comment came from there. What action do you take?
a. No action, as you don’t know who said it
b. Pick one of the substitutes and send him off from the technical area
c. Send off the most senior coach from the technical area.
Above article by SOLKITTS