Twisty NAPS Competition Section 2

The first section of the competition has given us a good time,but it is time to refresh the page!

******

It almost smacks of being a herald of a new season,and here it is again.

For the next FORTY weeks,all you have to do is offer ONE selection every Saturday.

Usual rules –

Entries only on dedicated page
Entry is free though a quiet donation to a charity of your choice would be lovely.
Entry must be made prior to first race of the day
Competition closes on the ‘off’ in the first race ( no exceptions)
Usual rules – £1 stake at SP
Dead heat = £0.50p win at SP

Prizes:
£120 first prize
£60 runner up
£20 free bet 3rd place

Best of luck to you all!

Twisty

Lefty. -£8.12

Bada. -£8.62

All other runners on -£12
ATOB, Gordon, BRRB, , Hashadenough, Raymac, The Real McCoy

September 15, 2022 12:26 am

TWISTY

I intend to use the tenner bet for highest priced winner last week in either the Silver or Gold Cup at Ayr. Any winnings to your MC charity,of course.

Thing is,I reckon the ground will be very much on the firm side.

Now,usually in a cavalry charge at Ayr,the high draw has the advantage. But I think on the firmer ground,it goes the other way. Hopefully,a wee scoot at the Racing Post article on the race will tell me whether my memory is playing me false or not.

Either way,winnings from your tenner to MC,and I will put a tenner on my NAP for the day for CRUK. Hopefully,one of them will win. Sod it,fiver double too,why not?

Twisty
September 15, 2022 5:50 am

Morning all
Unfortunately I didn’t get home in time to see the match, but have it recorded. I’ll look at it later this evening. From family members reports, comments on here yesterday evening and Bobbys match report above, I think I have a pretty clear picture of how it panned out. A bit more quality in the final third, and despite us still needing to be a bit wiser to the counter attack, and we’d be sitting on three points. ( perhaps more actually but three for sure)

I’ve been sitting looking at the table this morning and the various permutations as to where we might finish in this group.
Second place is most definitely still up for grabs, and if we take 4 points in the back to back games v Leipzig it gets very interesting. Is that possible? Yes. Is it likely? Given their position in the group, zero points from the two games so far, I think it’s fair to say the next match for them is win or bust. Win and they’ve still a chance of second or third spot. Lose and it’s going to take an awful lot for them to avoid the wooden spoon. A draw putting them on one and us on two points, doesn’t really help them, but could be huge for us.

I’m well aware of the old cliché about assumption, but nevertheless I’m going to assume Shaktar will lose in Madrid in their next match in three weeks time.
If I’m correct, a win away at Leipzig would be absolutely massive for us.

Madrid 9points
Celtic 4 points
Shaktar 4 points
Leipzig 0.

With home games to follow v Leipzig and Shaktar and the opportunity to accumulate the 10 points which would almost certainly see us through in second spot.

Taking 4 points from Leipzig over the next two ties would take us to 5 points. In that instance, we need to hope Madrid turn Shaktar over twice in those back to back games, leaving it

Madrid 12
Celtic 5
Shaktar 4
Leipzig 1

Meaning a home match win v Shaktar would see us through in second spot regardless of what happened in Madrid in the final tie as the table would then read

Madrid 12, 13 or 15
Celtic 8
Shaktar 4
Leipzig 0,1 or 3

Lose next match? It’s still possible to go through in second, as the table would probably read

Madrid 9
Shaktar 4
Leipzig 3
Celtic 1

meaning we would need to get two wins at home v Leipzig and Shaktar, and that would suffice given we’d win the head to head v Shaktar, again, assuming Madrid keep winning

Madrid 15
Celtic 7
Shaktar 4
Leipzig 3

Regardless of what score we got in Madrid, we’d go through on head to head result v Shaktar. We’re due a turn at qualifying with just 7 points, given the times we’ve gone out with more!

Summarised?

We need Madrid to win those next three games. Take at least one point next week and win our home games v both Leipzig and Shaktar and we will go through to the knock out ties in the CL.
Lose next week and it’s not disastrous if we can win our two home games, AND, as I say, Madrid keep winning.

The circumstances which would see us fail even if we got two home wins to sit on 7 points after losing in Leipzig? Shaktar taking points off Madrid in those back to back games, or Leipzig beating Madrid in game 5, having beaten us in game 3. They’d be playing their final tie v Shaktar with a big incentive to win.

Oh I know, if my grandad had…….but….I think we’re going to qualify!!

Twisty
September 15, 2022 5:56 am

Bobby
Saw you’re messsge on the naps thread. Yes, just shout when you’ve decided yer free bet. I’d been trying to keep the nags talk over there, but clearly little to nobody reads it other than a Saturday.😁

Sooooooo…. fae noo…. I’ll update the table weekly on there but withoot any narrative. Just the table.

What’s the chance of a reverse forecast this year with you and CCB!! First and second? Could happen… Gl 👏

September 16, 2022 8:54 am

When I say double,I mean forecast.

September 16, 2022 9:32 am

TWISTY

Put the tenner on your nap,please. I’ll put a tenner on mine plus a fiver f/c with yours for CRUK.

Sound ok? It will hopefully sound better if one of them wins,of course!

Celtic Champs Elect

Saturdays Nap for17/09/2022.
3.05. AYR. BONNY ANGEL.
good luck all. H.H. JG.

DannyMac23
September 16, 2022 8:55 pm

Hi Twisty

Following this one over a cliff….

RAJINSKY 15.51 Newmarket

Cheers mate.

Call me Gerry
September 16, 2022 10:24 pm

Nap for Sat – cheers again Twisty 👏

Special Envoy
3:25 Newbury

16 roads
September 16, 2022 10:28 pm

14:15 @ Newbury – Chil Chil – NAP!

Thanks Twisty.

Twisty
September 17, 2022 6:10 am

Morning all

1.10pm is deadline today.

My nap is

Fortamour

2-30Ayr.

Good luck all

Twisty
September 17, 2022 6:24 am

Bobby
Bet placed on my nap.

If you’ve no objection, I’d like any returns to go here:

The horse Molly Ollys Wishes belongs to a friend of mine and they raise money for the above charity. It’s to help children with life threatening/ terminal illness.

I’ll screenshot the bet to you.

voguepunter

September 17, 2022 8:33 am

TWISTY

No objection whatsoever.

D R M
September 17, 2022 9:20 am

Morning all

Today’s nap Newmarket 17.01 – maysong.
Twisty £10 on @9/1 hopefully winnings going to Molly Olly’s wishes.

Paddy power giving a £5 free bet on a bet builder for any premier league game this weekend.

Twisty I have picked man city, over 2.5 goals, both teams to score, man city and draw, man city (-1), wolves to receive most cards, haaland anytime, haaland score or assist, haaland 1 or more shot on target. Pays £42 which hopefully will go to this deserving charity also.

Good luck all

GFTB
September 17, 2022 9:45 am

3.40pm Ayr

Popmaster

Best of luck everyone

Twisty
September 17, 2022 10:22 am

DRM
That’s very kind of you. Truly great gesture, but honestly bud, no requirement to offer up yer ( hopefully) winnings to the charity. A small donation by all means if you feel you wish to, but no need whatsoever to give it all. As I say, fantastic gesture and very much appreciated but I’d rather you benefitted personally too.
A wee donation of a fiver or so at the end of the competition by the naps participants to one of the charities benefiting this year, JNP’s , Bobbys or the Molly Olly one , would be welcomed I’m sure.

Thanks again . Top Bhoy.

September 17, 2022 10:30 am

Morning Twists et al… today’s unfortunate nag is What’s the Story hirpling along in the 1.20 at Ayr. I’ve had a couple of seconds the last few weeks so hopefully this yin has got the legs for a first! Cheers again, Twists and good luck to you all!

September 17, 2022 10:44 am

Koy Koy 13.20 Ayr
Good luck all

September 17, 2022 10:51 am

TWISTY

Tenner on at elevens and fiver double at 407/1. There will be some happy charities if these come up!

jimthetim53
September 17, 2022 10:55 am

14.50 Newbury

Shouldvebeenaring

Good luck all!

D R M
September 17, 2022 10:55 am

Hi twisty call it an entry fee for your competition where you put your own money up as prizes n take so much of your time organising it. Hopefully the deserving charity benefits from my bet and paddypowers free bet. Will be sharing the link with family and friends also 👍.

JimmynotPaul
September 17, 2022 11:16 am

Bernardo O’Reilly 2.30 Ayr.
Twisty. 6.24.
That’s a smashing charity, that one.
Good luck all.

Cosy Corner Bhoy
September 17, 2022 11:20 am

Edward Cornelius Silver Cup Ayr

Twisty
September 17, 2022 11:21 am

Some double indeed Bobby. If that pulls, ye’ll be banned. 😁

Twisty
September 17, 2022 11:24 am

JNP
Yeah they do good work, as do pretty much all these selfless charities. We’re fortunate to be able to throw money away on betting, and even more fortunate to have the health to be here to do it.
It’s an unfair world amigo. We should all do our bit , however great or small, to help.

bada Bing 1
September 17, 2022 11:44 am

3.40 Ayr- Comanche Falls

Chalmersbhoy
September 17, 2022 12:04 pm

3.16Newmarket
Celsius
Cheers twists,good luck on your nap.

The Real McCoy
September 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Couple of Dalgleish naps today.
Well it is Ayr Gold Cup 🏆 .
Good Luck with that …
Ayr 2:30 Aberama Gold 😂
Good Luck everyone 🤞
Thanks Twisty 🙏🏻

September 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Ayr 13.20
Gweedore

September 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Another second place!! 🤬🤬🤬

September 17, 2022 1:51 pm

Well done St Tam’s…beat me to it @12/1! Bassa!! 🤬😁

DannyMac23
September 17, 2022 1:57 pm

Tremendous selection Sir..Well done.

So unlucky,hopefully it’s a winner for you next week.

Bomber Broon
September 17, 2022 2:09 pm

It’s just fun for me, DannyMac23. I had an unexpected win a couple of weeks ago that drew nowt but ire and ridicule from the Organiser…not sure it’s worthwhile having a winner now, tbh! 🤣🤣🤣

September 17, 2022 2:10 pm

Ooops…forgot to change my Nom de Plume form yesterday!! 😱

DannyMac23
September 17, 2022 2:21 pm

It’s great fun.Most people think it’s easy to pick a winner,we know different.Grateful to Twisty taking time out to run the competition been there and it’s difficult.

Whatever you pick next week will be in my lucky 15.

Winner for sure.

September 17, 2022 6:39 pm

First two up on my L/15 and got 12/1and 16/1on them. Next two were much shorter prices-including my nap. Bloody typical.

DannyMac23
September 17, 2022 8:07 pm

Unlucky B,great double,one more would have been great 4 winners would have been fantastic.One of these days.
Keep punting it will happen.😀💚

D R M
September 18, 2022 10:06 am

Unlucky Bobby, I had two 22/1 winners yesterday marching army and barefoot Angel but they were on different lines and couldn’t get another winner with any of them or pick one of them as my nap.

Twisty the free bet builder bet was so close with 8 of the 9 selections coming up, was hoping wolves would score but as they were down to 10 men after half an hour it was highly unlikely. I made a small donation to the charity and have passed the link on this morning.

Twisty
September 19, 2022 5:53 am

Naps
Morning all
Only a brace of winners to report from week 13 of the competition, but two very good winners they were. Headliner this week is undoubtedly ST TAMS who chose the Katie Scott winner Gweedore. Returned at 12/1 it rockets St Tams up the table into 3rd spot.
Danny Mac was the other successful tipster this week with his selection, the Hugo Palmer runner Rajinksy hitting the line over a length clear at a nice price of 9/2.
Congratulations to both St Tams and Danny.
Table updated.
Any errors? You know the script. Just flag them up. Ty.

League table:

GFTB. -£5.50

Craig 76. -£8.00

Leggy. – £9.00

Lefty. -£9.12

Bada. -£9.62

All other runners on -£13
ATOB, Gordon, BRRB, , Hashadenough, Raymac, The Real McCoy.

September 23, 2022 12:48 am

Newmarket 4.10
Mr Buster

Cheers

Celtic Champs Elect
September 23, 2022 4:13 am

Nap Saturday

Kitsune Power 15.40 Newmarket.

GLA

September 23, 2022 11:36 am

Some of us getting close to the magical break-even point,where even if we don’t pick another winner in the 40 week competition,we end up in profit.

So there’s an incentive for us all…

1 2 3 7