The TWISTY Naps Competition-Part Four

The TWISTY Naps Competition has been a rattling good ride so far,and we are now entering the closing stages. Only ten weeks left of a forty week competition,truly a marathon and not a sprint!

The first thirty weeks of the competition have seen some remarkable consistency and given us a good time,but once again it is time to refresh the page!

By my reckoning,the competition is due to end on April Fools Day. So keep getting those selections in on time,folks.

To remind you of the rules…

******

It almost smacks of being a herald of a new season,and here it is again.

For the next FORTY weeks,all you have to do is offer ONE selection every Saturday.

Usual rules –

Entries only on dedicated page
Entry is free though a quiet donation to a charity of your choice would be lovely.
Entry must be made prior to first race of the day
Competition closes on the ‘off’ in the first race ( no exceptions)
Usual rules – £1 stake at SP
Dead heat = £0.50p win at SP

Prizes:
£120 first prize
£60 runner up
£20 free bet 3rd place

Best of luck to you all!

Cosy Corner Bhoy
March 25, 2023 12:55 pm

Keri yea 1557 Curragh
🎶It’s the final ……..🎶
Best of luck all ….. but not too much😀

Cosy Corner Bhoy
March 25, 2023 12:57 pm

Predictive text bastert
KERKIYRA 1557 Curragh

JimmynotPaul
March 25, 2023 1:25 pm

That’s us off and running, for the final napsters of the season.
No more selections, please.
Twisty is back this evening, so he will publish the final table, when time allows.
I would like to thank Twisty for his generosity, of time, money and spirit.
It’s been a fun 40 weeks.
A big thanks, also, to BMCUW and Mahe for promoting the competition on an ongoing basis and joining in the fun.
A final, good luck to all.

Twisty
March 25, 2023 1:40 pm

Non runner

I’ll switch to big river

Kelso 3-35

Auldbhoy67
March 25, 2023 3:22 pm

Legends game on YouTube live or also on Liverpool TV if you have it ànywhere.

March 25, 2023 4:00 pm

Well,I certainly didn’t make any headway on the leader. Neither did my selection!

Leftclicktic
March 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Just watched Equinox win breaking the track record in a canter in dubai.
What a horse

Twisty
March 26, 2023 7:08 am

NAPS COMPETITION FINAL WEEK

Morning all
Late return last night thanks to the ATC strikes in France. I’ve had a look over yesterdays selections and unless I’m mistaken, ST Tams was our only winner which will see the final 1-2-3 for 22/23 season read:

1. Cosy Corner Bhoy
2. St Tams
3. Bobby Murdochs Curled up Winklepickers

Still to verify, which I’ll do a little later . ( got unpacking to do and need to visit my mum)

As I say – full and final update in a few hours but meantime, congratulations to the CCB . A very deserving winner. Great effort by St Tams to overhaul him on the line , and well done to Bobby. Consistently around the top.

Catch up around 11am .

JNP – as ever, tyvm for your assistance once again.

16 roads
March 26, 2023 7:24 am

Ah CCB ,el Dapper Tim!! 🏆

The most most difficult competition in the world, and ye won it!

LEGENDARY! 🍀🐎

Delighted for ye mo chara. 🏆

Congratulations & well done. 👋🙂

Well done also to St.Tams & Bobby M.

Thanks to Twisty & JNP – that was great sport.

KTF. 🍀🐎

Weet weet weet
March 26, 2023 8:32 am

Congratulations CCB well deserved,pulling away from the pack you opened your legs and showed your class ))
Thanks again twisty

Twisty
March 26, 2023 11:08 am

Hi All
The naps competition concluded yesterday. After 40 weeks, we have a winner. Despite a valiant attempt by St Tams to reel him in, by hitting the net on the final week, Cosy Corner Bhoy is the 2022/23 Champion finishing with a profit of £33.58p.

St Tams finished on £30.00, effectively an 11/4 shot light of overhauling our champion. A brilliant campaign by St Tams, and the same applies to our other prize winner Bobby, who ends the competition on £28.12p, again within a 4/1 shot of the winner.

Congratulations to all three. I think I can safely say CCB’s will be a very popular winner with everyone.

St Tams and Bobby- well done bhoys. Great effort.

In 4th place was McCaff. Despite his continuing claims he doesn’t know one end of a horse from the other, he certainly does his best to dispel that claim, with excellent selections throughout. On a personal note, I’m delighted to see McCaff up there. His continued humour and responses to my efforts, and the ongoing banter with JNP Danny M and myself is something I enjoy. Well done and thanks McCaff.

5th spot fell to Weet Weet Weet. Another who regularly throws in a winner and no surprise to see him challenging throughout.

6th place went to 16 Roads. He set off on the campaign with some stunning winners. Looked likely to run away with it in those early weeks. A strong finish too. Only a barren run in the middle stopped him grabbing the glory.

In position 7 was JNP. As previously mentioned, his interchanges with McCaff and Danny added humour throughout. Of course he also stepped in whilst I was absent and kindly kept the competition running smoothly. If second placed horses counted for antryhing Jimmy Not Paul woukd have been a runaway winner. Well done and thanks again bud.

8th spot went to DRM. Another with a good few winners and also a fair few hitting the crossbar.

It was Big Packy who took 9th. I think I’m correct in saying he chose more winners than anyone else, as he sought out a short price winner most weeks. A strategy that looked likely to pay dividends at one point but didn’t quite succeed. Good competition from BP.

Finally – 10th place was taken by our weather related Napster Jobo. Finishing on £8.10p it goes to probe that there can be many ways to find a winner! Well done to Jobo and the top ten finishers .

Cosy Corner Bhoy wins £120.
DRM takes the £60
Bobby wins free £20 bet

I’ll liaise with both CCB and DRM through Bobby once they’ve given him permission to supply contact details. Obviously I already have yours Bobby.

To all the other competitors tyvm for your participation.

Gotta head out for an hour or two but I’ll be back with news of the mini naps comp later this afternoon.

( in a hurry so I’m not checking this for typos – I’ll do so later)

Thanks all 💚💚💚🐎🐎🐎

March 26, 2023 11:13 am

Congratulations to COSYCORNERBHOY who is a worthy winner. Always up with the leaders before putting a winning shaft of daylight between himself and the field. That he won removes,I hope,the bitter taste of that mishap a few weeks ago.

Congratulations to to ST TAMS. I quietly hoped to pip my Dad on the line yesterday,but was concerned too that I might flog my dead horse and leave myself vulnerable to a challenge. I should have heeded the tale of Icarus and Daedalus. A worthy recipient,a worthy opponent. A spawny bastert. (Just kidding). Btw,my whisky is now in a garage near Stirling and awaiting the final leg of its journey. Soon as it arrives,we can make arrangements for getting it to you. I hope your brother thinks it is worth the wait!

TWISTY,as ever I am so grateful for your efforts and time devoted to this competition. And not least,your generosity. Of wallet and spirit! On the subject of spirit,it would hardly be in the spirit of the competition were I to high-handedly ignore the ground rules you set at the start.

Third prize is a free bet. It is not my place to “magnanimously” suggest you give it to charity. I know which is your charity of choice,so I hope you think this idea is acceptable.

I match your twenty. Somehow somewhere,I find a bet paying three times my stake. (Going all Delboy here,this time next year…) An 8/11 double at the football,4/9 treble? 4/5 twice on the horses? If only it were that easy,but I’m not restricted to Saturdays. Or to racing.

If it wins,I hold back double the stake. One for the following week,another to have another go when I invariably screw up. The rest,that’s where your chosen charity comes in. It might not be a lot,but if I get my thinking head on,it can work. Mibbe! It’s getting it right the first time that is the problem,then I only have to avoid screwing up twice in a row. Easy,huh?

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 12:46 pm

CCB.
Well done on winning Twisty’s competition.
Fabulous tipping throughout the 40 weeks.
Well deserved.

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 1:49 pm

Cosy Corner Bhoy

Congratulations on winning Twisty’Nap competion.🏆🏆🏆 Brilliant tipping throughout.

Well done too to St Tams and BMCUW.Great efforts

Twisty

Thanks again for running the competition and proviiding us with remendous entertainment throughout the 40 weeks.

Twisty
March 26, 2023 2:11 pm

Afternoon
As you’ll know, the naps has ended, but there’s still a few weeks to go before the footy season wraps up. 9 league matches I think plus the SC obviously.
To maintain a little interest for a wee bit longer, I’ll run a mini naps competition for the next 5 weeks. I’ll incorporate the Aintree festival into the competition. So effectively it’ll cover a Saturday nap starting on Saturday next ( that’s the 1st of April) then another on the 8th of April.
Aintree begins on the 13th and runs over three days. You’ll select a nap on each of the 3 days. That’s 13th 14th and 15th of April. 22nd April will be penultimate week and we’ll finish on the 29th April.
I reckon that will see everyone have 7 selections.

( I’m off to Gran Canaria on 5th May hence the finishing date).

As I say, just to add a little bit of interest for a little bit longer.

£25 to winner
£10 to runner up.

I’m assuming Bobby/Mahe are ok with this and are happy to dedicate a page.

Entries will close when they jump out for the earliest race on the cards on Sat 1st April.

Good luck.

D R M
March 26, 2023 9:07 pm

Well done CCB and unlucky St. Tams and Bobby great picking over the weeks 👍.
Twisty again thanks for your generosity and time in running a great competition. I know you are generous but I dont think I can accept £60 for 8th place 🤔 think you meant st tams.

Celtic Champs Elect
March 26, 2023 9:37 pm

Congratulations to all the winning tipsters well done to you

Thanks to Twisty for his generosity as always LEGEND

March 27, 2023 11:34 am

Que sera, sera….congratulations Cosy Corner Bhoy on a magnificent race, you never looked like being unseated once you got your nose in front, a masterclass of picking showing the young team how much they have to learn! St Tam’s and Bobby in 2 and 3 were worthy adversaries but at the end of the day no match for the auld fella! I know, I was there! I’d never looked at a racecard before this competition and after a wee run of luck, pure luck, thought that I was actually no bad at this gemme! Sitting in 2nd on CCB’s rear end, just about touching him, had me believing this was my time. It wasn’t gonna take much to catch him then hit the final straight and sprint home. It’s so easy this gemme! So deluded was I that I actually considered backing my Naps choices with hard cash. And then came the slump that every gambler fears but knows is gonna happen…every one a dunkey, a three-legged dunkey at that, worse actually a three-legged Blackpool beach retiree that’s racing career had been sand races carrying fat people (now banned according to the Trampoline Lady 😂)
My slump was terminal! A couple of schoolboy errors…unforgiveable in this dog eat dog world of racehorse v dunkey did nothing to either boost my morale or my chances of keeping pace with CCB at the front of the pack…St Tam’s caught me…passed me and left me for dead! I was desperately hanging on but forever hopeful that a nicely priced earner would boost me back u but alas, no! CCB in week 38 pulled out wee cracker out at 5/1 to open up a gallop on the final bend….then Bobby and JNP found inspiration (some might say him and JNP had a side deal going on but that would be scurrilous and slanderous, and disappointing for me as JNP had promised me a leg up while Twisty was haggling with the Qatari Lookie Lookie Men!)) with a glorious 12s in Week 39! Perfect timing for Bobby climbing 5 places to 2nd spot behind his ol’ man…fantastic napping with little room left to catch him.
So…the final week left me, and everyone else, looking for a big winner. That’s where you get found out…overthinking, over analysing, out of your depth…I didn’t have a three-legged dunkey’s hope! And so it proved to be, my final nag, a starting price of 10s that would have placed me in 2nd or 3rd came in 9th…just behind Coco the Blackpool Dunkey with 3 legs and a fat person in the saddle, in clear breach of the Donkey Traffic Regulations (It is actually a thing, look it up! The things I know about donkeys since starting this competition, honestly, you wouldn’t believe it!!) Anyway, as my Ma and Doris Day used to say…Que sera, sera!!
Twisty…I loved every bit of the race, mate! Your generosity of spirit, and we all know you’ve had a lot to deal with besides this, is a joy. I’ll make a donation to The Donkey Sanctuary!

Charlinick