The Magnificent Seven. TWISTY Naps Competition,Mark II

As you’ll know, the naps has ended, but there’s still a few weeks to go before the footy season wraps up. 9 league matches I think plus the SC obviously.

To maintain a little interest for a wee bit longer, I’ll run a mini naps competition for the next 5 weeks. I’ll incorporate the Aintree festival into the competition. So effectively it’ll cover a Saturday nap starting on Saturday next ( that’s the 1st of April) then another on the 8th of April.

Aintree begins on the 13th and runs over three days. You’ll select a nap on each of the 3 days. That’s 13th 14th and 15th of April. 22nd April will be penultimate week and we’ll finish on the 29th April.

I reckon that will see everyone have 7 selections.

( I’m off to Gran Canaria on 5th May hence the finishing date).

As I say, just to add a little bit of interest for a little bit longer.

£25 to winner
£10 to runner up.

I’m assuming Bobby/Mahe are ok with this and are happy to dedicate a page.

Entries will close when they jump out for the earliest race on the cards on Sat 1st April.

Good luck.

March 26, 2023 2:21 pm

Thanks as always,TWISTY. Small donation on its way to your preferred charity.

Twisty
March 26, 2023 2:33 pm

Bobby
Thx
Forgot to add it was a handicap competition this time. Both JNP and McCaff get a 7lb penalty which translates as a minus £7 starting point for those two.

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 3:28 pm

Twisty. 2.33
😂😂😂

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 7:33 pm

Twisty.
I was going to put up the odds, on who would win your new competition.
Then…..
I noticed it starts on April Fools day.
Surely that gives Danny Mac an unfair advantage. 😱😂

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 7:55 pm

Twisty.

Was expecting this.JNP at his best.

Because I was fortunate enough to finish joint first in the Cheltenham competition but JNP finished ahead of me in the naps competition he cant let it go as he did not win anything.

I can hear some gums bumping.

JNP

Sounds like a challenge my friend.

Sometimes you have to play the fool to play the fool who thinks he is playing you for a fool.😄😄

Bring it on in the Magnificent 7.

Twisty rules apply unless you deem different…..

😄😄😄

Twisty
March 26, 2023 8:02 pm

Danny
😂

He’s trying to rile you before it starts. Get you sweating up.

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 8:06 pm

Danny Mac. 7.55
I’m going to change your moniker to Claudius, the Roman Emperor.
I reckon me and McCaff will finish above you and we have to start minus 7. 😂😂💚

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 8:17 pm

Twisty

I am a hook line and sinker man if the bait is there I will swallow it but JNP and McCaff?Would not insult the 2 guys who easily finished in front of me over 40 weeks but ate my dust over 4 days of quality racing.7 selections of which are 3 days of quality at Aintree has a good mix to it.I see JNP has brought reinforcements into the equation citing McCaff oh dear running scared or what…

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Danny Mac.
It’s not reinforcements, McCaff was added in, to the conversation, because, I will say this slowly, as I know, you need things spelled out, 😯😁😯😉 because he is the only other person that is to start minus 7, the reason well… just because it’s Twisty ‘s ball and that’s what he decided, or, ok, maybe there’s a few other reasons. 😉😉
It wouldn’t surprise me, if Twisty was going to give a 4th prize ( because he is generous, that way ) for the competition, just ended, then he noticed it was McCaff, that was 4th and thought stuff that. 😂😂
To try and make sure, as that was to close for comfort, that me and McCaff don’t win, we are minus 7.
However, I’m confident both of us will finish above you. 😂😂💚

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 8:59 pm

JNP

😄😄😄

Sorry for the late reply as I struggled to peruse your eloquent reply.Twisty saying you have a 7lb pen must make you top weight which puts me in at a Dan Skelton type featherweight.Gauntlet thrown and accepted.Claudius and I.

Looking forward to it.

Twisty as ever the even handed no axe to grind arbitor.

Twisty outwith Daniel Fergus TB was my next favourite player and honestly once I heard JNP bad mouth him.(bad pass I think)still poor behaviour.

Twisty
March 26, 2023 9:04 pm

Danny
😂

Been a lot of activity in the betting market since JNP posted. Most seem to think he’s Mick Beale to your Ange .
All bluster.
He’s drifted like a barge to 14/1. The serious money has came in for Danny Mac. Now 1/3. Appears you’ve had this race in your sights all year.

There was one bet came in for JNP from a Mick Kaff. £0.05p at 4/1 he took.

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 9:08 pm

Twisty.
Danny Mac 1/3. 😂😂😂😂
What is it they say, a fool and their money….
You would have to lay that all day.

Danny
That was funny about the misplaced pass. 😂😂

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 9:18 pm

Twisty

😄😄😄

Looking forward to the mini comp.

JNP and I a wee personal sideshow dual.

Good friend that he is may the best punter win.🏆

Mini comp within a mini comp.

All good fun.

March 26, 2023 9:27 pm

I’ll do my best to join in. Gone are the days of weather related bets. This time I’m in it to win it!!! However, bear with me, what’s a horse? 😉

JimmynotPaul
March 26, 2023 9:38 pm

Jobo.9.27.
See below for definition of horses, well Danny Mac’s selections.😂😂
The domestic donkey is a hoofed mammal in the family Equidae, the same family as the horse. It derives from the African wild ass, Equus africanus, and may be classified either as a subspecies thereof, Equus africanus asinus, or as a separate species, Equus asinus. It was domesticated in Africa some 5000–7000 years ago, and has been used mainly as a working animal since that time.

There are more than 40 million donkeys in the world, ( Danny Mac has backed them all ) mostly in underdeveloped countries, where they are used principally as draught or pack animals. While working donkeys are often associated with those living at or below subsistence, small numbers of donkeys or asses are kept for breeding or as pets in developed countries.

An adult male donkey is a jack or jackass, an adult female is a jenny or jennet, and an immature donkey of either sex is a foal

March 26, 2023 9:40 pm

JNP – brilliant!

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 9:46 pm

JNP/ Jobo

Hee haw

JNP knows hee haw.

🫏🫏🫏

March 26, 2023 9:58 pm

DANNYMAC23

Tommy,a misplaced pass? Wash yer mouth out,young man.

I do though remember being up at Pittodrie one day. Tommy’s skills were with the ball,they did NOT include tackling. He nearly split Gordon Strachan in two with this one.

Fantastic players,both of them. Really pissed me off that it was Billy McNeil who signed both Strachan and Archibald for £70,000 and Fergie got the benefit.

March 26, 2023 10:01 pm

JIMMYNOTPAUL,DANNYMAC23,TWISTY

Just wow,you fellas put a smile on my miserable coupon.

GFTB
March 26, 2023 10:01 pm

JNP 9.28pm

Jack,jackass and foal … ah mean fool

That’s my criteria … been called all three by many

More foal me

Keep up the good work with the naps stuff, when I hit a wee lull usually Monday-Friday it’s the naps compo that gets me posting …. (Not sure if that entices Twisty & you to keep the naps going or a carrot to ditch it )

Hail Hail 🙂

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 10:27 pm

GFTB

Always look forward to the naps competitions but I must admit I have found the Sentinel Celts site educational.JNP introduced me to it and I have really enjoyed being part of it.In BMCUWP and Mahe there are two guys investing so much time and effort to put forward articles that evoke discussion and that is no easy ask.Thereafter controlling narratives and contributions I think is a thankless task.

I have gleaned so much information from this site and the wonderful contributions of like minded hoop supporters that I dont think I would have gained elsewhere.You cant beat first hand experience and personal remimiscences of watching Celtic and I have loved being part of it.

So much appreciate the guys who run it,the guys who take time to organise the competitions and everyone who contributes.

Albeit sometimes JNP can be a JackJackass and a foal at times

Roll on April JNP day.🫏

Danny Mac 23
March 26, 2023 10:52 pm

Steve Archibald wow.

Gordon Strachan was a great player and integral to that great Aberdeen.team but I totally underestimated Steve Archibald,dont think the guy had much of a personality and as such no nickname? might be wrong there but winning trophies with Tottenham and Barca speaks volumes for his goalscoring ability.

GFTB
March 27, 2023 12:46 am

Danny Mac 23 10.27pm

Totally agree ..

I enjoy the site and lucky enough to have met quite a few in real life …

The “naps” is great fun and very enjoyable 👍

Even better it shows me why I should stick to losing my cash at the football rather than the horses … at least the fitba gives me 90+mins to lose 🙂

March 30, 2023 7:19 pm

GFTB

Usually takes my horses 90+ minutes to finish.

March 31, 2023 12:43 am

TWISTY

I’ve put a score on Preston and Middlesbrough to win tomorrow. £68 if it comes up. As discussed-if it does!-that’s a score for next week,one in hand for when I screw up and have another go,and the remaining £28 to charity.

Worth a try. It could run and run. Or I fall flat on my face! I’ll enjoy it anyway.

Twisty
March 31, 2023 5:20 am

Bobby
Gl
Still need those bank details for yer dad’s dough

March 31, 2023 3:04 pm

3.00 Doncaster
Fast Response

Cheers

JimmynotPaul
March 31, 2023 6:18 pm

Jimi Hendrix 3.35 Don

Danny Mac 23
March 31, 2023 6:34 pm

Good luck on the double.🍀🍀

Celtic Champs Elect
March 31, 2023 8:18 pm

Nap Saturday

Front View Wetherby 15.25

Ta much Twisty :-))

March 31, 2023 9:07 pm

My first pick runs in the 2.40 at Kempton – BRAINS

Twisty
April 1, 2023 1:36 am

Morning all
1-20pm is the deadline today. Anything showing after that time would unfortunately be void without exception.

I’ll go for

Harswell Duke in the 2-25pm Doncaster

Gl all

16 Roads
April 1, 2023 5:32 am

14:25 @ Doncaster – The Gatekeeper – NAP!

Good luck everyone. 🍀🐎

Oisin Murphy goes to Kempton today, just an observation.

April 1, 2023 6:57 am

Good luck all.

April 1, 2023 11:07 am

Doncaster 2 25
Broken Spear

April 1, 2023 11:16 am

Morning all!
My nag of choice today is Brains, running in the 2.40 at Kempton Racetrack (5 Miles long, Doo Dah, Doo Dah🎶🎶 ).
Good Luck everyone, a new day , a new Twisty Competition!
Cheers Twists!! 🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴🐴

Hi Twisty

Wanees 15.35 at Donny please

Good luck everyone.

D R M
April 1, 2023 12:20 pm

14.05 kempton secret state

Thanks as always twisty and good luck all especially Bobby’s double

April 1, 2023 12:38 pm

2.25 Doncaster- Tropez Power
Thanks Twists

COSYCORNERBHOY.
April 1, 2023 12:47 pm

Text from COSYCORNERBHOY with his selection.

EMPIRESTATEOFMIND 335 Doncaster

JimmynotPaul
April 1, 2023 1:09 pm

Twisty/Charlie
I have copied this over for Charlinick, as it was posted on old competition thread.
Poker Face
4.10 Doncaster

All the best bhoys

The Real McCoy
April 1, 2023 1:17 pm

It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day , and it’s a new Twisty Naps Comp 👍🏻
Today I will be willing to win …
Doncaster 2:25 Titian 🐎
And it’s colours they are fine 🇮🇪 😂
Good Luck Everyone 🤞
Thanks as always Twisty 🙏🏻

Call me Gerry
April 1, 2023 1:29 pm

Kudos Twisty, on running another naps comp. 👏 Donation on its way to Marie Curie hospice. 👍

Thought I’d missed deadline…extension to 1:30 gives me an unexpected shot…so going for a quick choice of…

My Lion