Away Days

As we return from that international break,we once again find ourselves playing after our rivals. In an ideal world,we would be kicking off at the same time as them. But then,the games wouldn’t be on the telly. Can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Apparently,the regularity with which we play domestic games after they have played theirs amounts to greater than 80%. A very curious anomaly. Even if hardly a surprising one. And it’s one helluva round trip for the players and the fans. Oh!!! recently mentioned that he had discussed with Heung-Min Son the effects of gruelling trips back home. A bus trip to Dingwall might just come as a shock to him!

But to the game itself. If I’m honest,I bear no ill-will towards this team. Came from nowhere,and have done themselves and their town proud. There are only around 5000 people live there,and who could possibly grudge them their place at the top table? I’ve been in pubs with more people than that! But having lost 60% of their matches this season to date,they are in danger of losing that place.

That makes tomorrow a lot more difficult than it might appear on paper,or on the fixed odds coupons. They are fighting for survival with less than a quarter of the season to go. Only two points from the bottom,and every point is a prisoner. No such thing as a gimme at this stage of the season.

An added complication is that Ange has suggested that James Forrest,Liel Abada and Anthony Ralston are in the treatment room,while Reo Hatate and Aaron Mooy are struggling to make it.

This makes LEGGY’s kind offer of £20 to the person who can nearest predict the starting line-up ridiculously difficult. I congratulate in advance the winner of that one,they deserve it!

However,no matter how much County will know how important each game is,so too do we. We need to maintain our momentum as we head into the latter stages now. We need too to avoid further injuries,and that will probably mean erring on the side of caution when judging whether individuals are 100%.

I’ll be watching it as usual. I have faith in our manager and players,which they have certainly earned. As always,the three points is more important than a sublime performance. But I’ll happily settle for both!

April 1, 2023 9:29 am

Winner and runner up in the TWISTY Naps competition,COSYCORNERBHOY and ST TAMS,have donated their winnings to charity. Congratulations to three people making an effort. And giving us forty weeks of fun along the way.

TWISTY being just that kinda guy has offered up another competition,for April only. Including the 3-day Aintree jamboree. Details in the link,donations at your discretion.

The TWISTY Magnificent Seven.

April 1, 2023 9:30 am

As discussed in the article, LEGGY’s kind offer of £20 to the person who can nearest predict the starting line-up is now ridiculously difficult. I congratulate in advance the winner of that one,they deserve it!

Just post your prediction in the usual way,please.

April 1, 2023 9:31 am

JOBO POTY Competition

sencelpoty@gmail.com

Frodshambhoy
April 1, 2023 9:33 am

Copied from end of last thread.

Difficult to know who is fully fit and who might be risked.
My guesses for tomorrow are:

Hart
Johnston CCV Starfelt Taylor
CalMac Iwata O’Riley
Jota Kyogo Haksabanovic

April 1, 2023 9:38 am

Apologies for the late article. MAHE usually does a Saturday,but nothing from our California correspondent.

Twisty
April 1, 2023 9:41 am

No idea on current injuries list so I’ll go:

Perhaps Kyogo and Hatate will be rested with next week in mind. I would 😀

Hart
Johnston
Carter-Vickers
Starfelt
Taylor
Mooy
McGregor
O’Reilly
Jota
Oh
Maeda

April 1, 2023 9:42 am

From TWISTY re the Magnificent Seven Naps.

Morning all.

1-20pm is the deadline today. Anything showing after that time would unfortunately be void without exception.

Craig76
April 1, 2023 9:58 am
Twisty
April 1, 2023 10:03 am

Bellewstown cancelled so deadline moves to 1-30pm .

April 1, 2023 10:04 am

My team for tomorrow
Hart, Johnston, CCV, Starfelt, Taylor
Iwata, Mcgregor, Turnbull
Jota Kyogo , Haksabanovic

Hope to see a couple of academy players on the bench

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 10:06 am

Must be some size of pubs in Swindon if there are 6k swallying at the times you’re in em BMCUW 🤣

Fekk buying a round in there 🍻

April 1, 2023 10:14 am

From left field.

It bugs me that Rinus Michele is credited with the invention of total football.

We all know the name of the man who changed how the game was played in Europe.

April 1, 2023 10:16 am

When Celtic won the league in 66-67, we finished the season with 58 pts 😯

April 1, 2023 10:19 am
April 1, 2023 10:21 am

POTY Competition
sencelpoty@gmail.com

April 1, 2023 10:33 am

CRAIG76

Govan? Annexe it to Mars. That idea would have been even better if they had suggested Faslane/Coulport. The reaction would have been nuclear!

April 1, 2023 10:41 am

BIGAUDIODYNAMITE

Only 34 games then,two points for a win. We lost twice-both times to Dundee Utd.

April 1, 2023 10:54 am

ASWGL

Aye,true. Just seems that many when I’m waiting to be served.

Twisty
April 1, 2023 10:55 am

Junior match postponed. That’ll be for the orange walk – sorry – cultural event .

Bloody ridiculous

April 1, 2023 11:07 am

Bobby…”annexe Govan to Mars!” The last time I walked roon it there was that many Space Cadets walkin’ about you’d think you were in Cape Canaveral!!! 😱🤣

April 1, 2023 11:07 am

Bobby, we actually failed to win in over a quarter of our games. You still need to do a double-take, eh? I wonder if 58 is the lowest number of points by a league winner. I’ll get round to checking that out. 👍

April 1, 2023 11:22 am

Enjoyed the mention of the pink panther films.
I bought the box-set to introduce the wee man to them.
Considering the laughs we’ve had, it was money well spent.

Blind beggar to Clouseau: I’m a musician and the monkey is a business man. He doesn’t tell me what to play, and I don’t tell him what to do with his money.

😂😂

April 1, 2023 11:29 am

For Leggy’s Team Prediction…as tough as Twisty’s Naps! We’re at a difficult juncture – a tricky away fixture on the return from a two week hiatus with some injuries and Oh and Haksa making considerable contributions before the break!
Here’s my choice;
Hart, Johnston, CCV, Starfelt, Taylor,
Calmac, O’Riley, Haksa,
Kyogo, Maeda, Jota.
Good Luck everyone.

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 11:30 am

On the subject from last night, of movies “One flew over the cuckoos nest”.

I’ve been visiting my mother for the last few months who’s been in and out of hospital, and in one ward in particular, that she found herself in, there were a couple of patients, (for sake of anonymity we’ll call them Jean and Cathy), both are elderly and in their 90’s.

Now Jean is an ex air-hostess, and whenever she see’s anyone walking around the ward (staff or patients) she shouts out “Would everyone please take your seats !” Cathy on the other hand is an ex nurse, and whenever anyone shouts “Nurse” she hollers back from her bed … “I’m Busy !!”

Now before anyone thinks I’m laughing at their predicament I’m certainly not, I know it must be awful being stuck in the past, and I have utmost respect for their condition and how heartbreaking it must be for their families and friends, it just brought some light heart-ed moments to what is usually an otherwise grim hospital visit for me, and the similarities of that movie, and the elderly peoples innocence made me laugh.

April 1, 2023 11:33 am

Over the course of the 66-67 season Celtic played 4 friendlies.

Man U and Real Madrid were beaten in 2 of the games.

Who were the other 2 games against?

Bonus pts if you can also tell us the scores 👍

Craig76
April 1, 2023 11:38 am
ASWGL
April 1, 2023 11:38 am

Bad i think there would be more friendlies than that, wasn’t the American tour in 66/67 ? or are we doing European & British clubs only ?

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 11:42 am

BAD Anyway Zagreb beat us 1-0 in one of the games, don’t know the other, so i have a feeling it wasn’t a euro or english side

April 1, 2023 12:00 pm

ASWGL…I don’t imagine there’s too many regulars on here too woke to be annoyed at that wee anecdote! Sometimes ye just gotta laugh, even just for your own sanity. My mother in law was in a care home for a few years before she passed away. We insisted that the kids should still visit their Gran despite her having no idea who they were or what day of the week it was. Anyhoo, the wee fella went through a reading habit, he was voracious, he could read a Harry Potter book in a couple of days, just wouldn’t put them down – as soon as he got up in the morning he’d be reading it with his breakfast, you’d struggle to get him to put it down, reading on the way out to the car, put his finger between the pages so as not to lose his place, reading in the car all the way to the care home, finger between the pages to keep his place, find a wee corner in Gran’s room to read in peace until time to go, finger between the pages to keep his place! One day as the missus and the kids were leaving Gran’s room old Victor from along the corridor is passing, without stopping or pausing he grabs the book, with the wee man’s finger in it, and says “That’s my book!” Simultaneously, another old fella coming the other way, grabs the book and says “It’s not yours, it’s mine!” Victor and the other old fella each pulling at the book, refusing to let go while the wee guy, probably about 10 years old at the time was trapped by the index finger while they pulled to and fro!! Of course, the missus, her sister and my girls were all pissing themselves at the wee guy getting caught up in it! Like dugs in the street It took a couple of nurses to throw a bucket of water over them to separate them!! 😱🤣🤣🤣

April 1, 2023 12:01 pm

…and the wee man spent his savings on a Kindle! 🤣🤣🤣

SFTB
April 1, 2023 12:02 pm

Only around 10 still to put their predictions in for Superbru- deadline 3 pm.

April 1, 2023 12:05 pm

“we play domestic games after they have played theirs amounts to greater than 80%.”

That’s an amazing statistic and considering it’s a two horse league gives a significant advantage to the hun. Would those statistics be replicated in any other league in Europe or even the world 🤔

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 12:07 pm

McCaff 🤣

Smart lad though, as you’re highly unlikely to lose a finger in a kindle

Craig76
April 1, 2023 12:17 pm

Prestonpans Bhoys
9 points and a massive goal difference clear, not the significance advantage they hoped for 🤣🤣🤣

COSYCORNERBHOY.
April 1, 2023 12:22 pm

An auspicious day today in Celtic’s/my history
On this day in 1961 Celtic beat Airdrie by four goals to nil in the Scottish Cup semi final.
The goals were all scored in the first half!
Just as well for me though as I had to leave at half time! Why you ask
Mrs CCB and I became engaged that morning and after lunch out, practically unheard of in those days😀, she thought the jewellers would be closed by time we got back to the city centre and there would be no ritual ‘showing off the ring’ to alll at the dancing!
She’s never been to a game since and still brings it up now and again about being dragged to the game on such an auspicious day😩
Personally, I thought it was a great day. The only two loves of my life at the same time. Magic😀

Craig76
April 1, 2023 12:27 pm

I know April Fools end’s at midday, but …

April 1, 2023 12:39 pm

Craig76

Absolutely (trade mark fat Sally), just shows you how shite they are when you consider that stat, no penalties given against for 40 odd games and no adverse and meaningful VAR decisions too.

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 12:45 pm

All this bullshit saying it was Out of character for Craig McPherson.

OH AYE ? they conveniently forget he was charged by the SFA already in 2017 for disciplinary proceedings for his aggression, while asst manager at Morton, towards Lenny while he was at Hibs.

Cosy Corner Bhoy
April 1, 2023 12:59 pm

Test

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 1:03 pm

Cosy Corner Bhoy

There’s a limit of two test posts, within the first hour of joining, you have only got one left.
Further test posts may be purchased at our hosts discretion.

April 1, 2023 1:21 pm

COSYCORNERBHOY

62 years is a fantastic achievement. Very proud of you both.

GFTB
April 1, 2023 1:26 pm

ASWGL 11.30am

your post reminded of my own mum back in February/March 2008, she was admitted into the monklands and put in a ward based on her age (80+) a couple of other old ladies were pretty frail and seemed obvious weren’t of sound mind, this wee wummin kept shouting out “why the f is she so effin popular” talking about my mum as there were stacks of us up actually queuing to see my mum, one of my sister in laws went over and sat with the wee wummin as she had nobody visiting her … anyhow ma mum certainly had her wits about her and told us “if am going to die get my down the bucking road and I’ll die in my own house not in this bucking place” … (bucking was the nearest to a swear word she’d say) hospital weren’t for letting her out but me & my sister wouldn’t take no for an answer and we got her home … a few weeks later she did pass peacefully in her own bed … cheers for the wee memory

Hope your mum is ok mate

Canny wait till the hoops start back roll on tomorrow

Timbhoy,163
April 1, 2023 1:30 pm

TWISTY ,Whitburn another village stuck in the past ,what was it like before folk came from the West of Scotland (Glasgow etc,) to work in British Leyland.

Bigrailroadblues
April 1, 2023 1:38 pm

Thanks to all for the good wishes on Mrs BRRB retirement. News of my demise re inspecting Public houses are unfounded. I’m always two steps ahead in my pursuit of beer soaked pleasure. I never stop.

CFC
April 1, 2023 1:38 pm

Aswgl

Humour, albeit unintentional from the poor patients, helps maintain a degree of normality in tragic situations such as those.
I worked as a nursing assistant in my student days in the late seventies at a geriatric hospital ( as they were then known) in Glasgow.
Some great stories and fascinating characters- an ex Patrick Thistle international from the 20/30’s, a fella who was an extra in Charlie Chaplin’s silent movie The Gold Rush and an ex Union man who would occasionally take centre stage and call the other patients to arms- stating
“ comrades, we must join together to free ourselves of these oppressors”, as we were settling the patients down for the night.

There is humour even in those circumstances.

Bigrailroadblues
April 1, 2023 1:39 pm

Posted from Paddy Neesons. 🍺🍺

ASWGL
April 1, 2023 1:44 pm

Cosy Corner Bhoy it is indeed a fantastic milestone, well done to both of you.

GFTB thanks she is now home, and we hope for at least a more lengthy spell home this time, fingers crossed 🤞

CFC Yes I totally agree with you, we made a point of speaking to several other patients on visits, some had brilliant stories, and had led extraordinary lives.

1 2 3 8