The off-field games before the on-field game

There’s a good time to bury bad news, and a good time for speculation,,,derby week.

Colour me surprised but the rags have only gone and linked some Celtic players with moves elsewhere before the big game, is that a first? Aye right, it’s traditional and we shall run a pool from now on as to which name gets plucked out of the hat, funny it’s never a squad player but a star player.
Apparently Reo and Kyogo are away soon by the way, as if winning, developing, and the Champions League isn’t enough.

With a record twelve out of twenty English Premier League managers already axed, it’s easy pickings for the fans with typewriters to link Ange with every Tom, Dick, and Harry, a trend which won’t stop until he’s departed the building. As they know it won’t unsettle him, and he won’t nibble, the links grow less.
Speculation only affects the unfocused during build-up week, a word alien to this Celtic side and our manager.

It’s a well known fact the best time for either Glasgow giant to bury bad news is just before the derby, 5 o’clock on the Friday before the game usually brings Ill tidings and smacks of strategic timing.
It wasn’t quite that dreaded hour, but releasing news during the week almost yells ‘dont look here’.
The timing of Parks stepping down raises eyebrows,,,why not after the clash, why not end of season, why just after a large chunk of new shares were issued?
It clearly looks strategically timed, good old derby week providing great cover.

While one manager says little the other publicly proclaims an overhaul is coming, which is extremely convenient. Not only for selling the soon to be released season tickets, but it’s also a great premade excuse for a poor team performance, I told you they weren’t good enough!
The young English manager should be taking the pressure off his players before their big examination, instead he piles it on by telling them they are playing for their future. Naive or what?

The build-up is always intuitive, there’s lessons to be learned from who says what and which actions are undertaken while eyes and minds are elsewhere.
We’ve a few days left yet before that whistle blows, the off-field games aren’t quite finished. Let’s see what the rest of the week brings on that front.
I don’t mind ‘losing’ the little games as long as we win the big one.

By Mahe
sentinelcelts@gmail.com

CFC
April 5, 2023 5:56 am

Aye Mahe, it’s all so fawningly predictable.

We are serial losers … of the Pre Season Cup, The International Break Trophy and the Laptop Loyal Invitational.

Empty rhetoric , exemplified by poorly judged player comments, always has them winning in their own deluded minds.

Self entitlement and a supremacist attitude can have that impact. We Arra Peepul just don’t get how self destructive such a mindset is.

Twisty
April 5, 2023 6:19 am

CFC just beat me to the punch.

Self entitlement and Supremacy.

All borne out of fear. Collectively they’re running scared. They’re already anticipating a loss and hence resort to tribalism. Think Nazi or Ku Kux Klan.
They build tribal boundaries. Us and them. Since the dark ages, when such a level of fear builds, all logic goes out the window.

Politicians use fear ( never more evidenced than the Covid fiasco) to suppress logic in us. If they can use the media to assist them, it strengthens the argument and logic is further bypassed.

Every piece of evidence before them suggests they’ll lose on Saturday. The fear is tangible and the consequences of that fear is what we are seeing now with the gap is closing stuff and the overhaul is coming sound bytes.

All that’s left to come is the inevitable violence. If we are in a comfortable lead, it’ll be evident both on the pitch and in the streets of Scotland on Saturday afternoon.

GER57
April 5, 2023 7:11 am

You’re quite right, Mahe. It’s been going on forever.
During the Jock Stein era, there wasn’t much transfer talk about Celtic, because it was crystal clear that nobody wanted to leave. (Plus the hacks were shit scared of Jock and they dared not cross him.) Several were forced out the door like Yogi and Wispy. Also, players didn’t have freedom of contract like today.
But from the early 70s on, every Quality St kid was fair game. And it’s been the same ever since. Henrik staying for seven years really pissed them off.
We don’t know how the current squad will deal with the rumour mill, and how sleekit their agents are. Maybe the City Group calms things down in this regard? In any event, our squad is the strongest in Scotland by a mile. Any who want to leave will go and be replaced. Ange is not worried. Neither should we be.
It seems that the Huns are heading for another financial meltdown. They are in despair at the prospect of never catching us. The pitchforks will be out soon. If we beat them 3 times this month, there’s nothing surer than that there will be civil unrest.

Hoop hoop hooray
April 5, 2023 8:42 am

I think the fact that over half the clubs in EPL have sacked their manager this season works in our favour. The whole league smacks of desperation driven by the finances. Ange wont see that as attractive unless hevis willing to change his M.O. When he goes I suspect it will be to Getmany, italy or Spain.

Good article Mahe but not sure about burying news. For sone strange reason today, the day after the tribute act’s chairman goes, keith jackson is all over their finances, the confetti issue and the overdue accounts.

Talking of changing chairman and apologies if this has already been posted…

April 5, 2023 8:48 am

Good morning, friends.
As Chick Young would no doubt say, regarding the mob at Ibrox “it’s deja vu all over again”😁
Win convincingly on Saturday and that’ll be the blue touchpaper well and truly lit.

The Real McCoy
April 5, 2023 9:38 am

Hoop Hoop Hooray 😃
Jobo- Deja Vu all over again 😂
Talking of which, that Big Bad John Hartson is having yet another birthday 🥳. Ffs he’s having one every year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hoopy Birthday John 👍🏻
HH💚🍀

April 5, 2023 10:17 am

If you’re an experienced manager you’ll know all about man management of staff. How to get the best from them with existing skill set; set objectives; set standards; more importantly motivate them to produce the goods. Alternatively tell them they are oot the door , either by choice or not:

From the man management that is Beale

“I’ll judge us on the next game but listen I know this group is going to be completely different in 10 games’ time, but I can’t deal with pre-season until this season is done.”

April 5, 2023 10:25 am

Beale really does need to Fink Fings Froo.

April 5, 2023 10:26 am

The mood is far too upbeat on here just now.

Dontcha know we will be facing the greatest coach in this world …or any other! Some even say he is a genuis, Timmy!! He must be, to have achieved that after just 50 games. 😕

It’s like none of you even read the Daily Record.

Just you wait till Michael rows his boat ashore.

Bigrailroadblues
April 5, 2023 10:53 am

BBC Scotland

6 English clubs “considering a move for Alfredo Morelos”. You’d need the Finnieston Crane to move that fat no mark.

April 5, 2023 11:25 am

Morning all! My email has given problems for a couple of days now but I sorted it last night by buying more iCloud storage @£1.99 /month! Never had to do that before but apparently it’s the only solution I had to access/send mail! Heyho!
Anyhoo…I got an email from Celtic and have now got tickets for the Semi Final for me and the wee guy! He’s desperate to go, I hate Hampden and the seats we’ve got are pretty shit imo but they’re the best of a bad bunch. Nevertheless, he’ll be delighted!!

Uber Feenyin
April 5, 2023 11:44 am

Good to see an awakening on the other channel.

But just another blimp.

Ole Pedro rules.

Bullies?? We aren’t bullies, so bully off.

What a bizarre thing that site is now ffs.

Uber Feenyin
April 5, 2023 11:50 am

Apologies for double post.

But ffs, honestly ffs man 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Nah, let’s hear about some old c*** and his golf bets 👍

Frodshambhoy
April 5, 2023 12:08 pm

Bigrailroadblues
BBC Scotland

They all consider he should move back to Colombia

Uber Feenyin
April 5, 2023 12:27 pm

I apologise to my friend BMCUW,, but these dicks need exposed. All my own thoughts.

Coneybhoy, you are speaking a truth. 👍
And Greenpinata, I don’t agree with you politically, but you speak your points a lot better than is tolerated there.

Good Tims.

April 5, 2023 12:45 pm

UBER

Stop the personal stuff. Please. CQN is not our problem.

April 5, 2023 12:51 pm

Had to laugh at the sight of people demonstrating outside court yesterday in support of Trump.

All wearing masks!

I thought they were heroically anti-mask?

April 5, 2023 12:54 pm

FRODSHAMBHOY

You heard from BIGPACKY recently?

Uber Feenyin
April 5, 2023 12:57 pm

BMCUW @ 12.45.,

I know, apologies again 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Genuine apologies.

They just get right up my fucking tits though.

JimmynotPaul
April 5, 2023 1:14 pm

I view this as good news.
He was up to his neck in it, with the 5 way agreement, he chaired the licence committee,
that ignored whatever it took.
Scottish FA president Rod Petrie has missed out on winning a place on Uefa’s executive committee while receiving the least number of votes.

Eleven hopefuls were bidding to make it on to the European governing body’s supreme panel.

However, after a ballot at Uefa’s congress in Lisbon on Wednesday, former Hibernian chairman Petrie received just 15 votes.

Aleksander Ceferin was re-elected as president for another four years.

Seven out of the 11 candidates were voted on to the executive committee.

April 5, 2023 1:29 pm

Mr Beale tries. He inherited a bad hand of cards, due to a mixture of poor squad management and inflated evaluations. McGregor, Helander, Arfield, Jack, Kent, Davis, Morelos and Tillman all have contracts that expire at the end of the season. In addition, Lundstram and Barisic will enter their final year next season.
So what does he do? He tries to make a virtue out of a bad scenario. He was brought in to remodel the squad! Most of the aforementioned will leave but the key question will not be asked. Why were players like Kent and Morelos allowed to run their contracts and hence their values down?

Like it or not, Mr Beale has a major rebuild on his hands and one that needs to happen under new financial regs. If only he had contacts and knowledge of undervalued markets, like Japan and South Korea! But No, his experience is of Liverpool reserves, the SPL, and the English Championship. The last market being over valued, or, crucially, over priced. Kent was no bargain at, reportedly 7 million. So, can he expected help from the reserve pool of a struggling club?

His best option is to acknowledge that his biggest rivals got it correct and try to exploit the Japanese market. Two million could buy a very talented player from the land of the rising sun. If Beale goes down this route, he will have introduced new meaning to Follow, Follow! Would it even be tolerated in the Blue Room, even a de-Parked one?

Rebus

April 5, 2023 1:35 pm

REBUS67

It is unusual for me to wish ill on someone,but I’ll happily make an exception for Beale. Not because of his employer but because of the way he treated his former employer and also his predecessor at the lavvy. Not the actions of an honourable man.

Also,if you are going to lie to people,you need a damn good memory! He doesn’t have that. Every time he opens his mouth,he contradicts himself.

April 5, 2023 1:36 pm

JIMMYNOTPAUL

Bit of overreach from Petrie,I feel.

April 5, 2023 1:41 pm

Major password hacking site shut down. Might be worth checking whether your addy was one of those targeted.

April 5, 2023 1:45 pm

Bobby…Beale should be pitied. He’s not the brightest; he’s immature in the role; he’s badly guided from above; he’s playing to a desperate gallery; he’s under immense pressure and he really just can’t handle it. But for the reasons you give – his appearance in the Hun Heartland boozer prior to attending the game and the nonsense he spouted at QPR before ‘doing one’ he’ll get no pity from me and, to return to the film theme of last week, as Samuel L Jackson may or may not have said “And you know my name is Ange when I lay my vengeance on thee!!” 😁😁😁

The Real McCoy
April 5, 2023 2:01 pm

Beale’s job application for Thems was writ large in his sycophantic, boke-inducing ‘tribute’ to
Her Glorious Majesty ( complete with the portrait) on his twitter account ( now deleted) back in September . I thought I had a screenshot but can’t locate it 🤢
HH 💚🍀

CFC
April 5, 2023 2:14 pm

Can’t see Beale and his troops dealing with Celtic Park in full cry.
The lack of quality and leadership in the team and on the sidelines will leave them exposed.Beale is no more than a younger, less experienced coach version of Warburton.

Our energy and focus won’t waver.
I believe the Huns are in for a torrid time, lax refereeing aside, of course.

April 5, 2023 2:21 pm

Geez, the Scottish press are having to work overtime to sell those Sevco season tickets.
How many times is that we’ve been told new players will be bought in the summer?
Name 1 club who won’t be buying players in the summer!
Last week Michael was preparing them for a reality check, but this week it’s full blowhard mode again.
Apparently the new chairman is a real Rangers man …much more realer than the real Rangers man he’s really replacing.
So that’s a bonus!

April 5, 2023 2:33 pm

Jimmy not Paul

Excellent news on Petrie.

UEFA will have his card marked.

April 5, 2023 2:34 pm

Ffs was does a “real Rangers man” 🙄 to these muppets

April 5, 2023 2:36 pm

My oldest son once told his mother that he thought I was a very rational man. There is evidence to support that conclusion. A degree in mathematics, another in statistics and a bunch of refereed papers in academic journals. I am not blowing my own horn, it is merely background. However, I know I am anything but rational when Celtic play our main rivals. I shall not watch it live, perhaps, not at all. I have developed this irrational belief that I am a jinx in these games. I also loath the performance of Scottish refs. They are either biased or incompetent, sometimes both faults can be found in one man.

Take the last game versus RC and Collum’s performance. Like many, he had difficulty keeping up with the speed of the game, so he missed a lot. Is it just that it all unfolds too quickly for him, or does he simply make poor decisions? Dallas was the prime example of someone promoted too quickly through the ranks and then found out at European level.

Mind you, Walsh’s performance in the LC final was excellent, but, generally, these games are too big for most SPL refs. A foreign ref should be brought in, but I suspect that industrial action would ensue. Hence, we shall struggle on.

I am not as confident as most of an easy victory, especially if Taylor, Hatate and Mooy do not make the team. So, I shall find something to do when the game is on.

Rebus, the irrational Celt

April 5, 2023 2:49 pm

When you turn up to watch the very public execution of the man you are replacing, then you must be a complete wrong yin imo.
Knowing what was being planned being his back, you can imagine how Gio must have felt.
What kind of man does that to a fellow manager?
Absolutely nothing he could say would justify his actions …he’s a snake 🐍
I’m really gonna enjoy it when the Huns turn on him.
Michael, your KARMA is in the post!

April 5, 2023 2:59 pm

Rebus…a few years ago at Parkheid I commented to the old fella sitting next to me “He’s the worst referee in the League!” It was Ian Brines, a hopeless case but was on the EUFA and FIFA list so sumbdy must’ve seen something I couldn’t. Anyhoo, at the next home game the old fella turned to me and said “You thought Brines was bad, wait til you see this guy, he’s gonna be the worst in Scotland! Oor Wulliam, never kicked a ba’ in his life!!” And so began the career of Collum, one of the NextGen referees, a breed schooled by Dallas to follow follow the rules to the letter. A NextGen that would perform at the highest level of refereeing a la Collina. The idea is right but the recruitment and schooling isn’t. The untimely demise of our neebors over the river didn’t help matters as their plight replaced the desire to create a Refereeing School of Excellence and it was all hands to the pump! And so it continues…

Frodshambhoy
April 5, 2023 3:20 pm

Bobby, I’m at Manchester airport now heading to Tenerife.
Not heard from BigPacky recently and notice he’s been quiet on here. Will give him a shout when I get back. Hopefully he will burst into life on here soon, if nothing else Saturday should waken him up.

April 5, 2023 3:28 pm

REBUS67

Nothing irrational about it,my learned friend. I’ll phone J on Friday and ask her to set your alarm for 6am,your time. You can thank me later!

April 5, 2023 3:29 pm

FRODSHAMBHOY

Thanks,mate. Star. Have a great time.

April 5, 2023 3:34 pm

MCCAFF

McCurry is the worst of recent times that I remember. Man of the cloth? He was either incompetent,or a cheat. In which case,he needed to give up either the Saturday job,or the Sunday one.

Turns out he had to chuck them both for being a naughty boy. Sunday Mail exclusive. I’ve always wondered who he pissed off for that to happen.

April 5, 2023 3:46 pm

God, Bobby, he pissed off God! 🤣

April 5, 2023 3:46 pm

I knew there was something fishy about Mr & Mrs Sturgeon 🐟🎣

April 5, 2023 3:48 pm

Aw naw, BAD, nae fish puns, for cod’s steaks! Unless it was an accident and you didn’t do it on porpoise…or were you doing it for the halibut!! 😳
Ah’ll get me coat!

April 5, 2023 4:02 pm

McCaff,

Aye, that joke was a load of pollocks.

An Tearmann
April 5, 2023 4:03 pm

Mick.Mahe

What’s the score here? Thats 3 times I have been ‘typed’at on your blog,coming from Pollok this concept of being ‘typed at’laughable.ffs,What is it?
If I came across anywhere on the Celtic intersphere, either of you two getting the same irrational and delusional pash I wouldn’t stop til it’s gone

Right aff how does that add to your blog?
It doesn’t.
its the only adhominem poster I read here(now dear mags is restin:))and I don’t even post here but I lurk.

You both OK with that ruminant made up drivel posted?
He brings zero from cqn except what is made up in his head.its warped.it is made up drivel.canman,ernie etc.Total delusional.made up tosh

Anyway good Celts,keep on keeping on and roll on to a Sunday victory.

April 5, 2023 4:04 pm

Can’t believe Sevco are playing without Douglas Ross.
Does he not do away games? 😉

April 5, 2023 4:06 pm

AN TEARMANN

One comment was deleted three hours ago,another edited to remove reference to you. Additionally,UBER has been reminded that we don’t diss CQN or anyone else on here.

My apologies,but I can only act on something when it has already appeared here.

Frodshambhoy
April 5, 2023 4:07 pm

Wee bit of help for BRRB to give him some freedom not that Mrs BRRB isn’t heading off out ever day.

April 5, 2023 4:08 pm

BIGAUDIODYNAMITE

Nae hun fans allowed. That’s why Beaton is in the VAR cupboard.

timhorton
April 5, 2023 4:10 pm

REBUS67
I’m the same will not watch the game but if we win i go straight to you tube.
I fear a good few take them too lightly i have learned over my many years never to do the same and that is the same for any team.
This is a two team league.

Sol Kitts
April 5, 2023 4:11 pm

Did I tell you I went into a.Chinese owned chippy and was convinced the bloke serving had hurt his hand? He kept saying “Sore finger” before he wrapped my fish supper.
Coat retrieved, I’m out of here…

JimmynotPaul
April 5, 2023 4:13 pm

Auldheid. 2.33
I was hoping you would post something like that, very reassuring.