The Plan

“Having 4 central defenders who can compete with each other was always the plan”.

Every single one of us would like, nae love, 4 solid centre backs of enough quality that any two names are adequate.

Well, apparently that was always part of the plan. I like the sound of this plan already.

It’s notable Brendan said The plan and not My plan, or their plan.

It was part of the plan he was presented with, sold on, and which is being initiated right now.

We obviously have Big Cam and Rocki and given they are the current starters that’s the benchmark set.

Yuki is on the books and Carl is heading out.

I suspect Stephen Welsh shall hit the road also, I sincerely hope he hits Italy and truly learns his craft before returning much improved in his prime,,Cannavaro was also not the tallest, but one of the best in the world in his prime.

First come rumours posted here that Welsh is heading for the exit bringing in another fee (3 million?) then Yuki and Scales might go on loan.

Now reports say the club have expressed interest in two defenders with a bid in for one.

Both sound good, look good as usual, and price/salary wise are fully getable.

Have our prayers been answered? Will we genuinely have 4 good’uns?

Well we’re in that position,,targets identified and achievable ,,talking to their clubs,,all that remains is to bite the bullet and that particular part of the plan is complete.

The promise to Brendan fulfilled, the club kept their word.

I would be more than delighted if this comes to fruition and I hope as a group we all breathe a little easier because,,,

The promises are being kept,

Building a very solid platform at the back is very sensible,

We could go 3 at the back and be strong,

Perhaps one could cover a full back position if needed,

Competition is healthy,

These 2 players have good height,

Potential for big profit is there, again,

They like Nawrocki are at a great age to play and learn under Brendan, improving before hitting their prime years.

Plus they are playing regular first team football at a decent standard right now, infact Lagerbielke is considered primarily responsible for his team resurgence to the top of their league and he’s that divisions stand out centre back.

Lastly but perhaps most importantly,, the cost of these players shall be covered by the Welsh and Starfelt transfer fees. Two out funding two in so essentially there’s no excuses.

I view these potential defensive transfers as a microcosm of our board and their ambition.

Do I believe they spun Brendan crap to get him and shall tinker once he’s in the door?

Not at all, Dermots and this board’s reputation would be trashed in the football world I believe.

I also believe Brendan doesn’t want Welsh or Yuki, so he judges they aren’t at the required level to meet the 4 equals promised land.

So we are at the junction, which one is it time?

3 and one of Yuki/Welsh/Iwata as back-up, or four serious central defenders?

It’s decision time.

Like I say, I view what’s going to happen here as indicative of our boards desire.

The manager rightly put that extra bit of pressure on them by reminding them of the plan he was sold, and the biscuit tin doesn’t even need opened.

So sitting here now I’m thinking,,,

2 new defenders and we cyber high5 because all’s good the hood, plans fine and working,,,

or

it’s the start of a power struggle.

As my glass is always half full I say that’s almost impossible given Dermots personally involved here and Peters separate from footballing operations.

I have never known the squad to have 4 interchangeable defenders of good enough quality, and if Brendan can walk in and organize that then focus elsewhere, I think many would get behind the plan instead of questioning it.

I would. 4 equals back there, then equals elsewhere, eventually everywhere.

Not a bad plan at all.

By Mahe

sentinelcelts@gmail.com

August 9, 2023 12:03 am

The Sentinel Celts Grand Annual Naps Competition commences soon,on 19 August. This time,it will run until the last day of Royal Ascot. A minor tweak to the rules will see the introduction of two Jokers,to be played on the Saturday of your choice.

Tho other three Naps competitions will also take place as usual. CHALMERSBHOY has very kindly offered to sponsor the ones at Cheltenham and Aintree,while the RA one will be my own.

As always,the competition will be run on a separate page,details to follow-so watch this space!

Cosy Corner Bhoy
August 9, 2023 12:10 am

Just catching up from a long way back as usual!
Thoughts, prayers and fingers crossed for a good outcome for Iniiquitous.
On this header, I wish I had Mahe’s confidence in signings to come.

16 roads
August 9, 2023 7:57 am

Formidable.

The Croatian goalie,Tierney on loan and the two Manchester City midfielders would be magical.

CL progress wouldn’t be out of the question if the club can get those deals over the line.

HH.🍀

Friesdorfer
August 9, 2023 8:58 am

Gaun yersel Jamesy, not too much to ask! Hope you are well. HH

Frodshambhoy
August 9, 2023 9:25 am

Would be great to have 4 top notch centre backs. At least we have 2. I’m more worried about full backs. We only have 1 and he is injured.
It’s been mentioned before about trying Scales at left back. We know he has a decent left foot.

GER57
August 9, 2023 9:30 am

16 Roads
How ye doin’?
The Man City lads could very well be great players and they would probably improve the squad, but I’d be happy if we make 3rd in our group and we had Europa League fitba’ next spring. Baby steps.
The main priority this season must be the League. But we can really only gauge our progress as a football team by how we fare in Europe.

August 9, 2023 9:52 am

Good morning, friends and here’s hoping The Plan turns out, Mahe.
GER57 – this season is our last chance at winning the Europa unless the new plan is to finish 2nd in Scotland!

August 9, 2023 10:07 am

Morning all,

I see there’s more plans on here this morning than a Blackadder episode.

But …….

Are any of them cunning

We’ll see …………..

🤔🤔

The Star Above The Crest
August 9, 2023 11:44 am

In an interview, Steven Fletcher says his transfer to Celtic failed to materialise because the clubs were haggling over “a couple of hundred grand”. The player himself says he was desperate to sign for Celtic.

Thankfully nothing like that would happen these days…

Dubaibhoy
August 9, 2023 12:06 pm

The Star…

Thankfully we haggled, in that particular case 😉

The Star Above The Crest
August 9, 2023 12:23 pm

Dubaibhoy

Fair enough haha

August 9, 2023 2:01 pm

Rags saying Tete to Galatasaray,might have ended up messy,Russian teams going to sue UEFA, for being forced to let guys leave for nothing …..

August 9, 2023 2:15 pm

Oh out for 6 weeks seemingly

August 9, 2023 2:42 pm

Bada, that’s not great news!

August 9, 2023 2:56 pm
August 9, 2023 2:59 pm
August 9, 2023 3:52 pm

Could listen to Brendan talk football all day.

August 9, 2023 4:05 pm

To:
Mike in Toronto, Corkcelt, Leggy, Bada Bing1, Rebus67, Friesdorfer, Auldheid, Big Packy, BMCUWP, BelmontBrian63, Big Audio Dynamite, Bigrailroadblues, Craig 76, Prestonpans Bhoys, The Star, Above The Crest, A Thing Of Beauty, Angel Gabriel, Ernie Lynch, Sol Kitts, Magua, Jobo Baldie, Tim Horton ( who had his own MRI recently ), 16 roads, Chairbhoy, Cosy Corner Bhoy.

Thanks a million for all your generous and kind comments yesterday. ( And sincere apologies if I have inadvertently missed anyone out ). I was simply overwhelmed, and a bit in awe, when I opened the blog this morning. As BBRB is wont to say, of an evening, you are an absolute shower! And I mean that in the best way!😊

Just a brief summary for anyone who might have to undergo this procedure in future ( and I know TIM HORTON went through it recently ). In the U.S., most radiology offices are private businesses, so the first step is ‘Insurance Triage.’ And without it, you are SOOL (Shit out of luck). Then there are the ID checks, as they are wary of medical identity fraud. Finally get in, don the mandatory paper thin short ‘goonie’ and enter the chamber. Techie comes in to administer the contrast medium, which helps the radiologist read the images. He sees a problem. In the U.S., most companies use gandolinium, which works well, with an unfortunate side effect. Once in the body, it is reluctant to leave! Some of it stays in the organs, including the kidney and brain, and younger patients with 2 efficient kidneys are best placed to remove most of it.

I have one kidney, a possible issue with the other, and I am not young! The techie balks, and phones the radiologist from the next room. I can hear one side of the conversation. A nurse comes in, tells me she is going to take some blood and test my kidney function. She tests it on a hand held device. I ask her the status. She says “Just outside the normal range for your age.” They decide to go ahead, but only after I sign a boatload of waiver forms!

I have had several MRI’s before, and always find fascinating the ever changing space alien noises of the magnets resonating, even with ear buds and noise limiting headphones. I also got some good news. I had anticipated not learning of the radiologist’s report until Aug 31, but they told me they would post it on a MyChart patient portal, as soon as it was available, so I should know before the end of the week.

I’ve rambled on long enough. Just looked at Paramount’s schedule for today. Geez! I think they select games with a pin! The only live CL game is Slovan Bratislava – Maccabi Haifa. Aff oot noo fer my cytology tests ( analyzes piss for normal, atypical or abnormal cells ), and will be back for a hopeful Swiss victory at the Bigotdome, although given the number of players they are missing, I think Sevco’s luck may have held again.
Thank you all again!
Iniquitous IV

16 roads
August 9, 2023 4:14 pm

Friesdorfer

Gaun yersel Jamesy, not too much to ask! Hope you are well. HH

August 9, 2023 8:58 am

———————————————–

Can’t complain atall Andy lhad, good to see you posting again mo chara.

HH. 😎🍀

August 9, 2023 4:16 pm

BADABING

That’s bad news about Oh. We are short of cover through the middle as it is. Sounds like he should be back around the start of the CL groups though.

But never rush a hamstring.

Gordon64
August 9, 2023 4:17 pm

RIP Sixto Rodriguez

August 9, 2023 4:18 pm

Keep passing the tests,old bean! Best of luck.

16 roads
August 9, 2023 4:20 pm

GER57

16 Roads

How ye doin’?

August 9, 2023 9:30 am

———————————————-

Sound as pound thanks Ger.

Wise counsel as per always mo chara.

Trust all is well with ye legend. If ya see the boul Mozza tell him I was asking about him please.

HH. 😎🍀

August 9, 2023 4:20 pm

GORDON64

Yes,sorry to hear Rodriguez has died. But his “rediscovery” was one helluva fairytale.

And Cold Fact is one helluva a debut.

Gordon64
August 9, 2023 4:22 pm

INIQUITOUS IV Best wishes HH

16 roads
August 9, 2023 4:22 pm

INIQUITOUS IV – Excellent news chieftain!

Hopefully get some commentary on tonight’s Newco game as I won’t be able to see it!!

Laters.

KTF. 🍀😎

August 9, 2023 4:23 pm

INIQUITOUS IV thanks for updating us keep yer chin up buddy, lang may yer lum reek,another true story.h.h.

August 9, 2023 4:39 pm

INIQUITOUSIV IV
Best wishes.

August 9, 2023 4:40 pm

4 quiz questions 2 celtic related 2 general knowledge,
1 the actor joseph yule jnr was better known as??
2 the texas theater in dallas was famous for what??
3Who was Martin O’Neill’s first signing for Celtic?
4 Who scored a hat-trick in the 2001 CIS Cup Final against Kilmarnock?

August 9, 2023 4:49 pm

INIQUITOUS IV, I posted to you saying keep us informed and lang may yer lum reek, unfortunately its somehow vanished into cyberspace, hope you get this post.
and know myself and wee joan are thinking about you.H.H.

Magua
August 9, 2023 4:52 pm

Big Packy

1 Yul Brynner

2 Lee Harvey Oswald killed a police officer outside the theatre.

3 Chris Sutton

4 Henrik

Leftclicktic
August 9, 2023 5:05 pm

Iniquitous iv
Y.N.W.A

August 9, 2023 5:08 pm

MAGUA HI PAL you got 3 out of 4 but as wee joan thinks the world of you ,its still a crate of buckfast on its way to you number 1 was mickey Rooney and yes you got the texas theatre question lee harvey oswald apparently entered that cinema after shooting officer JD TIPPIT 3 bullets in the chest and one in his right temple,

maccargo
August 9, 2023 5:14 pm

Watching the boss’s press conference it looks like Oh didn’t disclose a calf knock after the Bilbao game and made it worse by continuing to train on it. Silly boy as he’s blown the chance to show what he can do and left us very short up top. Great to hear Johnston is back training and on schedule to be back for the champions league games though.

August 9, 2023 5:15 pm

IQ4

I’m halfway through Series Seven of House.

That will be in region of 150 episodes.

Half of them showed MIR scans.

Had you been in Scotland I might have been able to help for next to nuthin.

Fridge magnets at £1 each , 50 one side 50 the other and fridge big enough for you to sit in and Bob might be yer Aunty.

If you are visiting before 16 Sept it will be a pint instead.

Horsis
August 9, 2023 5:19 pm

Agree about Rodriguez, documentary about him was excellent.

August 9, 2023 5:24 pm

HORSIS

It certainly was. And the makers of it didn’t hold back on his former manager.

Magua
August 9, 2023 5:26 pm

Big Packy

Best wishes to Joan. 👍

August 9, 2023 5:57 pm

MAGUA cant do the emojji thingy anymore, they want me to pay a monthly subscription FFS for what a thumbs up or a smiley face no chance im a pensioner I was here before emojjis ever existed, so you will have to make do with a hail hail

timhorton
August 9, 2023 5:59 pm

IQ4
Glad you don’t have too wait long….it does your head in.
I was three and a half month wait to get a mri so i investigated the States (Buffalo) do it in about five days at a cost of 550 us.
Spoke to the Doc. he said not necessary but too me it was peace of mind………..anyway there was a cancellation at the Hospital so took it gratefully……..all good but it’s ongoing………getting old can suck if you don’t have your health should be happy too have reached the age i am.(no comments from you Horsis)😁

Magua
August 9, 2023 6:01 pm

Big Packy

No bother. Hail Hail is more than enough.

Chalmersbhoy
August 9, 2023 6:27 pm

Iq4
Prayers said,candles lit,may your results be positive.
YNWA.

August 9, 2023 6:32 pm

MAGUA wee joan says hail hail

Magua
August 9, 2023 6:39 pm

Big Packy

Right back at ye, Joan.

August 9, 2023 7:00 pm

Bhoys and ATOB

Just got back in and logged into MyChart. Radiologist’s report was posted. Nervously opened it. Quickly scanned all the medical jargon before getting to the bottom line. Huge relief! For the lads who said they prayed, well, it worked! ( BTW, I heard that when BBRB’s prayer was received in Heaven, one of the angels said, “Yo Boss!, you’ll never guess who submitted a prayer!” )😊

Kidney cysts are classified in 5 categories, according to chances of malignancy, Bosniak I, II, IIF ( F= Follow up ), III and IV. Percentage malignancy chances are 0, 0-6, 5-26, 55-72 and 91-100.
6 years ago, my left kidney was Bosniak IV, confirmed by a needle biopsy ( no fun ).

This time, the 1.3cm lesion in the right kidney is IIF, no obvious sign of malignancy, but the consultant says I have to have a repeat test every year for 5 years. Yay!!! I think I’ll get pished tonight!

I’ve bored you long enough. Thank you all again for all the kind comments and incredible support. I’ll always be grateful to SC.
What a blog this is!
Iniquitous IV

August 9, 2023 7:02 pm

Iniquitous IV- what a process to go through, great news,God Bless and Fund the NHS

August 9, 2023 7:05 pm

Read an interesting article on the bbc website today, about bespoke football boots for women. It mentioned that 5 of the top 20 womens players in the world had suffered ACL injuries this past year. I cant say that I know how many of the top mens players have had ACL injuries (let alone in the past year), but I cant help but think that (i) the mens numbers are not as high, and (ii) if that happened in the mens game, I would think someone would be asking questions about trying to protect their investments (aka the players).

timhorton
August 9, 2023 7:15 pm

IQ4
Great news……….now back to your updates.👍

August 9, 2023 7:16 pm

That’s great news,mate! Enjoy yer beer later.