Not For Dancers Or Chancers

One of the problems with being an opinionated git-as I am,you might have noticed-is that you can’t be right all the time. I accept that. Put your opinions out there,take the flak if it comes. When it comes. But I always put my hands up when I’m wrong. And I hate being wrong. You might have noticed that too!

I took a great pleasure in being wrong on Sunday. I genuinely thought that we were there for the taking,even though I knew that the opposition were no great shakes themselves. A makeshift central defence consisting of our recently arrived 3rd choice and a left back returning from loan. A right back returning from injury. A midfield which have been frankly dire this season to date. A right winger whose best form was last year. This is not the stuff which inspires confidence. Especially not at a hate-filled bigotdome. On top of that,a refereeing duo who have history with us.

But Fergus always reminded us that being a Celtic supporter is always worthwhile. And so it proved. I swear I didn’t move from my seat when Kyogo scored right on half time as the world around me erupted in scenes of joy,jubilation and utter bedlam. I was stunned! Stunned at the simplicity of it,but also at the lovely cushioned header from Matt and that exquisitely controlled volley from 20 yards from Kyogo.

They must be starting to really dislike the wee fella!

On either side of him,Abada and Maeda weren’t just conjuring up chances,our usual slide it across the six yard box way. They were blocking their full backs and starving their midfield. Our own midfield were busy there too-did you know Raskin and Jack started? And I only noticed Cantwell when he started crying after a challenge in the box from Maeda. Advice,son-those cute wee blue ribbons ain’t a good look.

After an hour or so in particular,we pulled the midfield back that bit deeper to protect the defence. Some of our players truly came of age on that pitch,growing into the jersey like they owned it. They had to really-we were torn apart in the first 10 or 15 minutes by their pace,albeit exaggerated due to an offside starting position. We couldn’t run that risk later on. It was superb game management by BR and his steadfast troops. And sure,they had many more attempts on goal-but we had more shots on target.

And we got the one that counted too. Not a single failure out there,every player can take credit from his performance,and pride in a job well done. I know I was proud of them.

So,hands up? Yep. I freely admit that I thought we would get gubbed on Sunday. But guess what? We didnae. Aye,Fergus. You were right again. It is always worthwhile. It always has been.

September 5, 2023 8:00 am

JOBO POTY update.

*SENTINEL CELTS PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2023-24*
*RESULTS FROM GAME #5 – SEVCO 0 CELTIC 1 (KYOGO)*

Good evening, friends.
I had been looking forward to this one for a few weeks wondering if the performance would be at the level that we have come to expect. The fans were nervous but excited and ultimately elated. But anyway, enough about Sunday’s Gilbert O’Sullivan gig let’s now return to events that took place 8 hours earlier.
Following the St Johnstone draw and the final days of the transfer window most of us were far from confident for our trip to Ibrox. And at 10.45am when the team lines came out a lot of folk, myself included were rather underwhelmed that 10 of last week’s 11 kept their starting place asking ourselves where’s Iwata…Phillips…etc.
The game was barely 30 seconds old when Sevco launched their first of a million hoofs up the park and for a brief moment it looked as though we were already a goal down. But no doubt about that offside decision. In the 28th minute when the ball went into our net for a 2nd time it looked to me on first viewing that we had shot ourselves in the foot. But it turned out that one of Big Gus’s foot had been trod on and, some would say bravely, the referee overturned his original decision and the game remained nil nil.
We then took a leaf out of our opponent’s solitary repetitive tactic when Joe Hart sent a goal kick long into their defensive area. Their clearance was expertly intercepted by the head of Matt O’Riley who directed it into space for Kyogo to hammer home. Personally, I think the wee man might have thought he was in an offside position and struck the ball early before the linesman had the time to raise his flag. But after an eerie 20 second silence our players gradually realised that the goal was good and we had our deserved lead. Imagine scoring the winning goal during the time that was added on for the VAR cancelling out their 28th minute ‘goal’?
The second half had some more good chances for both teams in equal measure, but I honestly felt pretty relaxed throughout. A draw wouldn’t have been a bad result for Celtic. But to win at their ‘fortress’ with our clearly depleted team has really caused no end of anguish amongst the blue half of our city. We played the last 16 minutes plus the 7 minutes of stoppage time with a back 4 of Ralston, Lagarbielke, Scales and Bernabei but none of them refused to yield. And Sevco now have 2 long weeks to stew on that.
We have now played 5 games, winning 3, drawing 1 and losing 1 with 8 goals scored and 4 conceded.
A huge thank you to the 80 who voted this week. The total votes cast for each player are as follows, with my own nominations asterisked.

Hart*: 36
Maeda: 19
Ralston: 0
Holm: 0
Yang: 0
Bernabei: 0
Oh: 0

And so, the players receiving POINTS for the game against Triggers Broom FC are –
McGregor – 5 points

7 points – Yang
6 points – Hart and Lagerbielke
5 points – McGregor
4 points – Johnston, Scales and Turnbull
3 points – Maeda
2 points – Carter-Vickers and Ralston
0 points – Abada, Bernabei, Forrest, Hatate, Holm, Johnston, Maeda, Oh, Starfelt, Taylor

The international break is now upon us with the possibility that Scotland could just about seal our place for Euro 2024. Celtic return to action on Saturday 16th September with a 3pm home game against Dundee.
Hail Hail!

September 5, 2023 8:26 am

On this day, September 5th 1931, John Thomson tragically died playing for Celtic.

“In all he did there was the balance and beauty of movement wonderful to watch. Among the great Celts who have passed over, he has an honoured place.”
– Willie Maley

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 8:51 am

At the risk of slightly dampening the mood, but in the search for improvement, I offer the following observations after a day and a half of happy reflection.
In our obvious delight at a fine win, with some sterling performances in the spine of the team, at least a couple in the starting eleven will fear for their places.
Liel was up against a rookie right back playing left back and apart from one perfect pass, which Kyogo decided to flick with his heel, was largely anonymous. I suspect Yang/ Palma will be eyeing his position between them.

DT was similarly unimpressive and young Holm showed more energy, spirit and grit when he came on as replacement.

The left back position needs serious competition.
We knew this already.
Bernabei/ Taylor are no better than adequate.
Perhaps Liam, who deserves to keep his place in the team, might be moved one over when CCV, Nawrocki and Phillips are available.

Chairbhoy
September 5, 2023 9:37 am

Good Morning….

Yes, BMCUWPS, a lot of trepidation before the match

One thing I find intriguing. Why were the Celtic support so crest fallen when they saw the team sheet?

Apart from maybe a cunning plan hatched by our coaches and manager and Hatate and CCV were good to go, what other choices were there?

Look at the bench, bursting with potential the opTIMist may say but certainly not brimming with Experience to take on Ibrox.

The team picked itself, and while, to a man they deserve huge plaudits for determination and gumption it’s the manager and staff that must be equally applauded.

Everyman despite some recent below par performances were at the top of their game, in Ibrox no less, that is Steinesque levels of player motivation

Not only that, the team was set out and executed the strategy and tactics to a “T”, goals change games – so do tactics.

Well done Celtic a brilliant performance and result, up against the odds and we thoroughly deserved it

Chairbhoy
September 5, 2023 10:01 am

Just Sayin’ @ 8:51 am,

Well I’d certainly agree with some of that, as my previous comment suggests and my response to Jobo”s POTY thoughts transpired

There were players who did very, very well, who deserve the plaudits for Sunday bur you feel will not reach the required standard

Turnbull had a fantastic MoTM start of the season game and BR said if he kept it up he would be offered a new contract

His consistency is such, with just a year on his contract and being able to sign a pre-contract agreement in January, that offer has not been forthcoming.

We come back to the “shambles” of a transfer window, there was just not enough quality conjunct with experience for Celtic to field a top first team to start the game.

We may look at half a dozen injured players missing but let’s face it, max of three would start that game.

Scales is the only player who has carved out a serious opportunity for himself and when our CHs return and if we had brought in that left back we so urgently required, he may have struggled to make the bench.

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 10:06 am

Chairbhoy

The “ half a team missing” narrative is a myth.
I agree, we were three key first teamers down/ CCV Nawrocki Reo.

Looking forward to seeing more of Holm, and new Bhoys Bernardo and Palma, Phillips too is hopefully a welcome addition but we look so weak at left back.

Billy Bhoy
September 5, 2023 10:18 am

Stimulating stuff this morning from Jobo and Bobby.

Like everyone else I was delighted to get out of Ibrox with three points. When they “scored” in under 30 seconds I thought that the roof(e) was going to cave in! It was the proverbial game of two halves. I thought we could and should have been 3 up at HT. However, that second half felt like backs to the wall for 100 minutes.
I would have taken a point at HT and I was still saying the same thing when the board went up showing 7 additional minutes!

There were some heroic performances, however, I don’t agree with Bobby and those who say that there were no failures. I said to my son after 30 minutes that I had barely seen or heard of Turnbull and O’ Reilly. Neither had made any impact on the game. Sadly, the same couldn’t be said for Taylor. I DID see him and he WAS having an impact on the game. A disastrous one. I counted 8 times he had the ball and failed to find a teammate. And that’s not counting all the throw-ins he wasted – although he’s not solely guilty there.

I said at HT that it’s absolutely incredible to me that BR thinks we can go into the 6 CL games with Taylor at LB. Would he have tolerated a player of such limited ability at Leicester? I can’t see it!

Bernabie needs to be given a decent run now to try and establish himself. He is more of a footballer than Taylor and has way more pace. Otherwise we MUST get another LB in January.

Hoop hoop hooray
September 5, 2023 10:34 am

I thought the CL squad had to be submitted by midnight Sunday.
Am I mistaken?

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 10:58 am

B B

Matt had a lot of involvement in the first half as votes on Jobo’s poty indicate.
DT unsurprisingly had zero.
Same for GT. And Abada.
The weak links in the team are obvious.
Two are fixable.
Sadly left back is our Achilles.

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 11:01 am

Ps Bernabei is most certainly not the answer.

Auldbhoy67
September 5, 2023 11:13 am

I’ve been reading all over about experience in Glasgow Derbies. We had way more experience in the fixture fielded than the opposition on Sunday. That is one reason we won.

óglach
September 5, 2023 11:22 am

IMHO the reason we won on Sunday was due to the recently maligned Brendan Rodgers. Tactics spot on, in contrast, the warty cockney seemed clueless.

On another matter pertaining to Sunday’s game does anyone have a clue why the Hun keeper wasn’t sent off for assaulting Kyogo never mind a pen not being awarded? Shove a player like that anywhere else on the pitch and chances are you’ll receive a red card.

Jimmy Bones
September 5, 2023 11:32 am

Quite surprised to see that there are 22 players on Jobo’s list after just 5 games ! Brendan is obviously making very full use of the squad already and I suspect some of you could name another 11 who haven’t yet been on the pitch.

I can think of 10 – CCV Nawrocki Reo, Holm, and new Bhoys Bernardo and Palma, Phillips Welsh plus Bain & Seigrist.

September 5, 2023 11:52 am

BILLYBHOY

Hadn’t seen Turnbull or O’Riley? For starters,Matt was playing the double pivot with CalMac. Additionally,Turnbull was off offensive duties for the day-leave that to the front men. As I said in the article,

“did you know Raskin and Jack started? And I only noticed Cantwell when he started crying after a challenge in the box from Maeda.”

There’s a reason for that. Our mid snuffed them out. We played a strange formation for us on Sunday,and my sis reckons it was 4-2-3-1. Sounds about right. We stopped their mids. We stopped their full backs. We starved their forwards as a result. And that gave us the freedom to play,moving forward. It’s why we created the best chances.

And it’s why we won.

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 11:54 am

J B

All the players on Jobo’s list have been on the pitch.
Just noticed Johnston has 4 points and 0 points!
And Welsh should be on the list.
Only the three late additions and keepers haven’t featured.

September 5, 2023 12:09 pm

JIMMYBONES

Gonna need a bigger dressing room!

I think we know that the squad is too big. I’m sure BR will thin them out. It will become obvious to us and the players who isn’t in the plans.

Angel Gabriel
September 5, 2023 12:42 pm

Mick . God honest article.

Billy Bhoy 10.18 .
I agree that Turnbull seemed fairly anonymous on Sunday, our table in the boozer , all looked at each other, 12minutes in when first mentioned by the commentator.
One caveat, players can still be very effective, in the modern game despite few touches. Watching on TV often gives a narrower outlook compared to being at the game .
You also said O’Riley was anonymous????

I , everyone I spoke to in a busy pub , and listening to a couple of podcasts , thought he was excellent.
His vision, passing, tracking back , and pulling opponents out of position to create space for Cal Mac , were all important aspects of our performance. Same with the way his quick reaction and powerful header, set up a fast moving Kyogo to score .

IMHO . If he didn’t lack a yard , he would be playing at a far higher level already , and he will make us a huge profit in the coming seasons when he moves to one of the 5 rich leagues.

Opinions . We all have them, but I’m very thankful he’s playing for Celtic . HH

corkcelt
September 5, 2023 12:46 pm

Re the size of Squad, we are at 32 now, that will do for me.

September 5, 2023 12:47 pm

There’s a cost of living crisis ongoing, many are really struggling to pay the bills,Celtic are always patting themselves on the back for the charity work,it’s about time they gave something back to the Season Ticket holders,who keep the club alive,record breaking income last season, and probably this season too,really out of touch with reality

September 5, 2023 1:33 pm

Good article, Bobby. Reflects my own thoughts, and I’m still grinning!

Watched the game again, and apart from Rodgers’ tactics, it must be said that the Cockney Barrow Boy also played into our hands. If he had opted for the long ball over the middle, but played Matondo and Sima there instead of the Clydesdale Dessers, I think we would have been in bother because of their pace.

Similarly, if he had pushed his midfield up with a high press when Joe had the ball, we would have found it difficult to cope. ( I was really surprised at the room given to Callum ). It would have forced Joe to punt it, and with 3 smurfs up front, we would have had to rely on getting to the second ball coming back ( which of course we did magnificently for Kyogo’s masterpiece ).

Thoughts now turn to Europe, where we will need oodles of the pragmatism shown at the Victorian lavvy, because of our ridiculous aversion to addressing our blatant weaknesses during the transfer window.

That’s for another day.

Hoop hoop hooray
September 5, 2023 1:44 pm

Hart bain siegrist

Johnstone ralston

Ccv Nawrocki lagerbielde welsh scales kobayashi phillips

Taylor bernabei

Calmac oriley hatate turnbull Kwon holm Iwata Barnardo mccarthy

Abada maeda Yang Tilio forrest palma johnstone

Kyogo oh

32 without any of the development squad or those already out on loan

September 5, 2023 1:53 pm

I did not see the match live because I spent the weekend in a remote cottage on a lake in deepest Quebec. Life, however brief, with a six year old(soon to be seven!), teaches you many lessons. You see but cannot define something you once had but lost as your life unfolded.

My grandson wanted a MacDonald’s Happy Meal so we drove to the nearest town, Saint- Sauveur for lunch. Finally, I could catch the Webnet and get the result. Several fellow victims of MacDonalds were startled by a sudden roar as I noticed a headline, “Rodgers celebrates Derby win in London Road”. Surely Not? Like many I had been PR’d into believing that keeping the score respectable was our best hope.
A makeshift defence of a lost in space LB, a RB not fully fit, and two rookie CBs, one of whom had so many fatal flaws that he was bound to sell at least one goal. No chance.

Instead, we witnessed a quite remarkable game. A classic? Yes, but not in a pure football sense. Both teams showed their true worth. Despite carrying a passenger, the Celtic midfield stood up for the first time this season, and a good part of last. Calmac was magnificent and MOR was in the game more, at both ends of the park. Turnbull, I am afraid, will not do in this Celtic team. The game passed him by although he did his best to get into it. David, you will have a good career, but for your sake, move on in January, but choose your new team carefully. Holm was really effective, both in aiding the defence and in slotting passes through the Sevco defence. He is a starter.

What can be said about Scales? He had it all, including his major fault, which is letting the ball bounce behind him. He was brave, calm, good in the air, and effective in the tackle. He even took the ball out of defence a few times. Stand up, Liam, this was your David Marshall moment 😀 what a pleasant dilemma for Brendan!

Up front, we got away with it. What a strike from Kyogo! Abada, just will not do. Cannot stand any physical pressure and needs to be in a different league, e.g. La Liga. Maeda? It has all been said before. He does the work of three men and occasionally controls the ball. Still with Taylor or Bernabeu at LB, he is needed.

Yang, I think under BR, will come good, but how many times does he have to beat a man? Do it once and pass the ball, or shoot!!! Oh? Let’s say he is just returning from injury. That layoff to his right🙈

Somehow, this rag-tag collection played as a team! Credit is due to BR and also to Beale, who did not use his weapons effectively. Cantwell was played too wide. Further, he has bought a bunch of players that duplicate each other. Dessers, Danilo, Sima, and Lammers are all physical but limited players. He withdrew two of his most effective players, Roofe and Sterling. If Sevco could afford it, he would be gone already. Gio was a superior manager.

The long, high ball, and the refs will catch a few teams out this season, but they need a better defence than Goldson and Soutar for Europe.

What must really hurt, is that Sevco team is just about as good as they have, whereas, Celtic have many good players waiting in the wings to come on!

Let me finish by commenting upon the refs. Robertson is a dud. He is a poor decision maker and cannot even cheat effectively. With the aid of VAR, he did get the Lagerbeilke fouling correct, although he could have ruled otherwise. Does Muir not like him?

Robertson then proceeded to assess fouls differently between the two teams. Stopping an attacking possibility was OK as long as it was not Sevco that was hauled to the ground. Don, what did you see when Kyogo was hauled to the ground by Butland?

I think Mr Robertson and his backup band had bought into the pre match hype, and they could afford to be fair in the early stages of the game because Sevco were going to score a few, anyway!

Is that rumble over Govan way, the sound of a trapdoor opening? Who is that falling through it? I cannot quite see his hooded face.

Rebus

PS well done BR, you crafted it.

September 5, 2023 1:57 pm

HOOPHOOPHOORAY

Frightening. If you assume the average is £20k pw or £1m pa-I know some will be nowhere near,but others on far more-that wipes out our ST income.

September 5, 2023 2:10 pm

REBUS67

I wish I’d said that!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. My sisters were never too keen on taking their kids to McDonalds. But their daft Uncle Michael could. Spoil them rotten for a bit,then hand them back!

I think I got away with it. Just. Off to see my nephew on Saturday again,few beers at Euston. Curry in Drummond St. Saunter up to The World’s End in Camden,or across to Somers Town Coffee House. He’s outgrown a Big Mac!

Just like you at the weekend,nothing better than time spent with family and good friends.

Frodshambhoy
September 5, 2023 2:24 pm

Just Sayin’
Ps Bernabei is most certainly not the answer.
———————-
Near the end of the game the ball went over his head towards the corner flag. He decided to walk rather than run to the ball. Instead of collecting the ball and turning he ended up under pressure and lost the ball. That led to one of their big chances.
NEVER A DEFENDER

I can’t work out why Scales has not a least been tried at left back. He has many attributes that the 2 guys ahead of him lack. There must be some reason for Brendan’s reluctance to try him there. God knows what it is when you watch the other 2.

September 5, 2023 3:06 pm

FRODSHAMBHOY

That drove me nuts on Sunday. Dunno what he thought he was playing at.

September 5, 2023 3:17 pm

Frodshambhoy

I agree with you about Scales, may as well try him. Taylor does the inverted FB bit well unfortunately we don’t do that gig anymore.

As for Bernabei not FB, put him on the wing with the hundreds of others…..

Frodshambhoy
September 5, 2023 3:17 pm

FRODSHAMBHOY
That drove me nuts on Sunday. Dunno what he thought he was playing at.

Certainly wasn’t football 😁😁

Chairbhoy
September 5, 2023 3:20 pm

Just Sayin’ @ 10:06 am,

Yes, we’ll have to see how the newbies develop, lots of potential and in Holm and Kang two special youngsters

We really have a great development route for these players, if we do like we have done with Abada and O’Riley and fend off the first bids that drop

Then we will get a lot of game time from these youngsters before their inevitable transfers happen

September 5, 2023 3:22 pm

AFTERNOON ALL AND JIMTHE TIM53 i stand by what I said yesterday ,the feckin orange masonic Bastert’s urnae that good, we should all be relieved VAR has been brought in, remember a game at Ibrox, bobby lennox scored from probably where kyogo was on sunday, and would you believe it tiny Wharton disallowed it ,another true story.LOL 😂

Just Sayin’
September 5, 2023 3:27 pm

Frodshambhoy

With the other Centre backs available Liam could be moved one across.
Surely an option compared to wee and wee-er.
And no denying his mental fortitude after a nervy start.

LA and DT the others that need making way for players with more guile, confidence and grit.

September 5, 2023 3:34 pm

Hail, hail, the Celts are here, what to hell do we care, what to hell do we care. Hail, hail, the Celts are here, what to hell do we care now. For it’s a grand old team to play for, for it’s a grand old team to see. And if you know the history it’s enough to make your heart go oh,oh,oh.

September 5, 2023 3:36 pm

sorry about that last post im a celtic supporter and always will be,.MAGUA when he comes on will back me up,another true story.LOL

September 5, 2023 3:45 pm

Got my text about £138 package for CL games. Some will have difficulty paying that under current economic circumstances.

On the brighter side adds another £8+m to the ever growing and unused bank account.

We are a PLC first and a distant football club second 👍

September 5, 2023 3:47 pm

think its the anniversary of johhny Thompsons death 5th of september 1931 my grandad was at the game but never would talk about it, thnk it shook him up but dont think anybody in the celtic hierarchy blamed sam english it finished him as a player,Around 30,000 people went to his funeral in Cardenden (where he lived as a boy) on 9 September 1931. Many of them had walked the journey of 55 miles (89 km) from Glasgow. Another 20,000 turned out at Glasgow Queen Street station to watch two trains set off with two thousand passengers who could afford to pay the four shillings return fare. on his gravestone it reads They never die who live in the hearts they leave behind”.,hail hail]

September 5, 2023 4:02 pm

BIGPACKY 347

Well said,mucker. Imagine walking to Fife. Wow.

óglach
September 5, 2023 4:16 pm

Big Carl rubbishes Brendan’s claim that he only left Celtic for Celta Vigo for Luv. ‘Above all, it was football that decided’
So I guess the question should be why the club was prepared to let an experienced player leave🤔. Errm let me have a wee guess, They had 22-year-old Nawrocki lined up to join the squad and thought they could make a few quid on 28-year-old Starfelt before his resale value drops and also recoup the money spent on Nowrocki rather than further strengthening the squad for Europe by retaining the experienced Swedish international player until at least Jan.

“It is clear that it is a plus. She and also my parents live in Lisbon, so it will be a bit closer. But above all, it was football that decided. It was maybe a little exaggerated, so maybe I was a little shocked (about Rodgers’ comments and the reaction). When you leave you get a little sentimental, even though I am convinced that I have come to enjoy myself in Spain.“

Matt
September 5, 2023 4:29 pm

Jist a wee thought on who knows whit? ….written over a year ago…. but perhaps a Nostradamus prediction of what lies around the corner!!!

Right ….back in the shadows!

Matt

September 5, 2023 4:32 pm

OGLACH

Never keep an unhappy player. We learned that three years ago. Starfelt can say what he likes,rightly so. But coincidentally he joined the Spanish club nearest to where his girlfriend lived.

Celtic have done nothing wrong here. Quite the opposite.

Although we could have avoided the issue by giving Jacynta a new contract.

16 roads
September 5, 2023 4:34 pm

Sunday morning 11:30 hours approx.

Sat down in front of the television to take in the game,pint of Guinness (nitrosurge).

Watching the build-up and sort of glanced into the front garden.

There it was.

A magpie!

One of those old ones that looked like it had been in the wars.

First thought?

Bassa!!

Detest the things, panic immediately set in.

Bad omen, we’re getting beat today.

Mind began to race, think, think, think.

Normally would have banged on the front windy or ran out to the front door, what would be the point though?
Already seen it, the damage was done.

Alternative strategy needed.

Then I thought – the old men with the flat caps would salute the varmints in bygone days of yore.

Something a have never done because I wouldn’t afford them the courtesy or respect.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I rather grudgingly saluted said magpie,it flew away and the rest is history – Celtic won.

Might repeat this tactic in future,as opposed to chasing them or throwing stones at the things.

True story.

HH. 🍀

Chairbhoy
September 5, 2023 4:36 pm

MATT @ 4:29 PM,

Great stuff as per….

On a wider note that VAR on Sunday seemed truly bizarre

Few Celtic supporters would have seen that as anything other than us two goals down if normal service had been occurring

Here’s my theory, the Celtic manager, staff and hierarchy said enough is far more than enough after the Killie game

An offside goal to them, a stonewall penalty to us denied and smiles and fraternisation between the Killie manager and the referee

VAR happy to go along with the cheating

Their complaints resonated possibly all the way to FIFA – Sunday’s officials and VAR must have been on a warning, only logical explanation I can think of

óglach
September 5, 2023 4:37 pm

Bobby @ 4:32 pm

But there’s the rub. No indication that Carl was unhappy. His transfer seemed to come out of nowhere. The excuse was that he was allowed to leave cause he was pining for his burd – since humbuged by Carl.

PS as proven by another Celtic site it is actually quicker to fly to Lisbon from Glasgow than to travel either by road or air from Vigo so so much for the to-be closer excuse.

September 5, 2023 4:42 pm

MATT

I have no idea where you conjure these thoughts from. Or how! Kept taking the medicine,it clearly works!

September 5, 2023 4:45 pm

Reporter Juan Ignacio took to Twitter to say: “Celtic has set visiting tickets for Atleti fans at 72 EUROS…Feyenoord at €64 and Lazio at €50. Football for the rich…”

September 5, 2023 4:56 pm

16 Roads

So you are the one responsible for the win on the weekend?

Best be careful, or the zombies will be writing to the SFA to stop your obvious cheating (saluting the magpies), and trying to get magpies banned from Scotland…

I can just imagine the callers to PLZ now ‘ hi… this is Angus … big Rangers fan …. pure raging so I am …. we was cheated… was never a foul… and now we know that them fenians were using black magic…. that 16 Road fella… and his magpies…. mag… everyone knows that is short for Margaret …. a fenyan name if I ever heard wan …. them fenians and their kafflic hocus pocus … pur cheating so they are …..them kafflics need to leave our country, and take them stinking fenan magpies with them… and while we’re at it… need to get rid of them cardinal birds too …. clearly named after Kafflic priests…. cant have that.. WATP’

🙂

16 roads
September 5, 2023 5:07 pm

MIT @ September 5, 2023 4:56 pm – 😂👍

Well the Ungrateful Dead are blaming everyone and everything for their humbling, might as well blame me and the magpie too,sure..

Very superstitious CSC.

HH. 🙂🍀

CaltonTongues
September 5, 2023 5:31 pm

Sevconians having a ‘Beale Out’ protest tonight at 6pm at Ibrox.

Wonder if their Media Partner (In Crime) STV will cover it ‘Live’?

September 5, 2023 5:51 pm

Sunday November 12
Celtic v Aberdeen
Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 2.30pm

Sol Kitts
September 5, 2023 6:05 pm

bada bing1
And that’s how Sky will arrange for the Huns to play before us when they’ve got a Europa tie on the Thursday. They play Livi, 12 noon kick off…….