Refereeing Anomalies,And Other Stories

I watched two of our old foes play each other in Madrid,each of whom knocked us out in the European Cup semis in the early seventies. Atletico v Inter. No particular love for either,though if I had to choose I would definitely have said that I wanted Inter to prevail. But really,just a pity they couldn’t both lose.

There was an incident early on,a potential handball in the penalty area by an Inter player. He jumped for the ball along with a colleague and an Atletico player,his team-mate headed it down onto his arm. Outcome? I think one Atletico player claimed it,the referee was unperturbed and VAR gave it a cursory glance.

There’s a simple reason for that,of course. Not only is there nothing in the regulations  to suggest that it is classed as a handball,it is specifically stated that when the ball comes off a colleague onto your arm then it is NOT classed as a handball. The referee was aware of that,as were the clued-up fellas in the VAR room. Not rocket science then.

Tell that to the SFA and their pals in the  referees association. They know that law too. Backwards,probably. But in Scotland,certain exceptions apply. They always do,and not just in that scenario. In fact,our manager is up before the beaks for his post-match comments after the Hearts game. Due there two weeks today. No point in him or his lawyer bringing out the rule book in his defence,the SFA have one of their own. And a compliance officer with a rather chequered past who is desperate to enforce it.

Of course,it can be said that we get what we deserve in life. And much as I hate to say it,Celtic do deserve what is heading their way here. Our board have sat back and said the square root of eff all for years about the state of refereeing in this country-more specifically how it is applied to us. Yes,we kicked up a fuss about Dougiegate,but only after Steven Craven,the linesman on the day,disputed the public version of the cover-up. It set him up to be the fall guy,and he quite rightly wasn’t having it.

I don’t remember the punishment applied to those involved in the attempted cover up,mainly because there wasn’t one. But I do know what happened to the linesman. He was a linesman no more. Strange thing,Scottish justice. No need either for an Edinburgh jury on this one.

Every time that the issue of refereeing standards is raised,Celtic Plc tell us that they make their representations on the issue in private. Apparently they have written to the SFA on the issue “four or five times” this season. Well,they are honourable men and I am prepared to take their word for it. I wonder how many times they wrote similar letter in 09/10,when the referees really ramped it up? The board seemed quite happy to hang Tony Mowbray out to dry that season,even though what we were witnessing was simply beyond belief at times. McCurrie booking nine Celtic players at Ibrox before finally getting round to issuing cards to two of the home side in the dying minutes,anyone? That might have been just about the worst of it. It was far from unique.

Moloney was brought down twice in the box by the invisible man,accused of diving and even booked for it. Lennon was scythed in half. Nothing. Mahe too,and so many others over the years. Bougherra kicking Robbie Keane all night-AFTER getting a yellow card! Who can forget Healey on Forrest-yellow card-or the disgraceful treatment handed out to Kieran Tierney nearly every time he took to the pitch,which has almost definitely led to his repeated injuries?

Anyway,specific incidents are not the issue here. I’m sure between us we could fill a book as long as War And Peace if we put our heads together to remember all the times the MIBs have done us over-though I don’t think that book title would be appropriate. The issue is that Celtic Plc have done eff all over the years to put a stop to it. They know as well as we do that it is happening,otherwise they would tell us we were paranoid rather than fobbing us off with garbage about sending letters to the SFA four or five times. And if they know it is happening-Penalty to Rangers,remember-then why the hell are they allowing it?

The fans can’t do anything to persuade the SFA to start applying the laws of the game fairly and equally to ALL clubs. In EVERY game. Only the clubs can do that. And the only club we can influence on this is Celtic. Who have clearly shown that they aren’t interested.

Now,I’ve always said that I don’t go to Celtic Park to support the board,I go to support the team. And if circumstances were different-like,I wasn’t over 400 miles away-I would be joining the rest of my family at every home game. Come what may. But times change,and it’s not because we look like losing this league. I’ve watched us home and away when we’ve lost leagues in the past,so that’s got nothing to do with it. But this season is really sticking in my craw,the player recruitment and the referees being just the worst of it.

Ours is a club which thinks it can foist a head of recruitment onto a manager when that new head has no experience in the role. And who just happens to be the son of a recent long-serving CEO,who left after one ignominious failure too many. It is a club which thinks it’s a wizard wheeze to bring back that former CEO as chairman,despite his strange version of events over the 5WA agreement to shareholders at an AGM. Rehires a top manager and gives him a new kindergarten to play with. And then gaslights us with stories about writing letters to the SFA about referees.

As we head towards the final frames of the film noir which is Celtic 23/24,we also approach the time of year-probably the only time of year-for the club to play nice with the fans. To tell them how much they are loved and valued by everyone at the club. Season ticket renewal time,with the option for the Home Cup Tickets Scheme. We will also be inundated soon with yet more new jerseys,right on top of the latest one which is the fifth in an a year. Truly we are spoiled.

The question is then,just how much shit can we take before we tell the club to GTF? Or,is it about how much leverage we have,and how to apply it? Personally,I think we start with an issue that the board have already admitted that they are aware of,and use our leverage to force them to actually do something about it. We know they are aware of the referees,they have told us so and even thought to make light of it at the AGM. We know too that they are aware of how pissed off we are at the recent recruitment.

You scratch my back,I’ll scratch yours. We know you are aware of the refereeing situation. So do something about it. You must have all the clips from various games to prove it,so use them! We know January is a difficult time of year to make signings and maybe you can do better in the summer. Well,April and May are difficult months too,not sure we can run to the merchandise or the HCTS,and will have to seriously think about the season ticket,come to that. Maybe we can do something in the summer,eh?

Concentrate their minds a bit,folks. Even if you do buy the season ticket,don’t sign up to the HCTS anyway. Don’t buy the merchandise. Fire off e-mails to that effect to the club,and explain why. And what the club needs to do before you will reconsider. And point out that your ST is being renewed only under severe protest,and it will be for the last time if the current situations aren’t resolved. Playing nice doesn’t work-when you act like a doormat,you will be treated like one.

What a bloody shame that we should even have to consider this.

March 14, 2024 1:06 am

The Sentinel Celts Charity Drive has nominated Blood Cancer UK as the recipient for funds for the next six months to 31/07/2024,and we are getting close to achieving our SECOND TARGET.

We have set up a GoFundMe page for those who have some spare cash to donate,even from a lucky windfall or finding a tenner in the street.

Click on the link for more details,including how to donate.

Please give generously to a very deserving cause. Although our first target has now been achieved-and many thanks for your generosity!-we can always hope to do more.

March 14, 2024 1:07 am
March 14, 2024 1:08 am

I received a very welcome e-mail last Wednesday from one of our regular posters. He was letting me know that he had been given the news that his recently diagnosed prostate cancer hadn’t spread elsewhere. Obviously,I let him know how delighted I was on hearing this,but it got me thinking-I haven’t had mine checked,not ever!

Nobody wants to think about cancer of any kind. Even the word itself strikes fear into most of us. Few either really want to think about the initial testing for this particular form of it,with its lurid examples on tv and film over the years. Sadly,and particularly if you are over 50yo,you should be! March is Prostate Cancer Aware Month,and you might be interested in reading the following:-

and

Fortunately,the initial tests need not be as barbaric and mediaeval as are widely thought. There is a PSA test,which is essentially a blood test. So just a little prick!

Either way,if you have any concerns,please seek medical advice at the earliest opportunity.

March 14, 2024 1:32 am

BOBBY MURDOCHS CURLED UP WINKLEPICKERS.

Superb lead article, Bobby.
Quick question re the final paragraph. Would you suggest the email address below, or did you have another in mind? Thanks, mate.

Jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk

Iniquitous IV😊

Just Sayin’
March 14, 2024 5:42 am

Aye, here’s my £500 or whatever and by the way – “ Down with this sort of thing” and “Careful Now”.

Those protest emails will really hit them hard and provoke a policy shift.

March 14, 2024 7:18 am

Why would Celtic want to do anything about something they are fully paid up members of?

Every shred of evidence points to Celtic being willing participants in a scam to fleece us of our money.

Anyone reading the mood of the fans right now might think twice about bringing out that fourth-Fifth strip, eh?

No, they couldn’t give a monkeys how we feel ..or what we think!

And anyone who believes that we are taking on the SFA in private (Convenient!) is naive and then some.

The minute we fleeced our own fans for £50 to watch us play a team that don’t exists, was the time to stop kidding yourself about our involvement in the scam!

That was the moment we stopped even trying to pretend we were the put-upon, and showed you right to your face what we are really about.

As has been proven many times ..try and engage with the club about this issue and you will be met with a wall of silence ..ask Rebus.

Cool though, someone will be along shortly to tell us about the latest plan to get the club off these parasites.

Once we get wee Mrs McGinty’s shares we are gonna storm the front door and eject the cunts from the building, eh?

We can talk till our heads fall off, but we are NEVER getting the club from these people ..it’s pure pie-in-the-sky nonsense.

Send a million emails to John-Paul, it won’t make one iota of difference to how bent football in this country is!

Keep kidding ourselves we are the innocent victims in all this, or admit that the overwhelming evidence points to us being up to our necks in this charade …that’s it!

Anyone want to bet we are still sitting saying the exact same things a decade from now?

Think about the amount of talk since 2012 and Rangers death.

And what has changed?

Oh that’s right, they changed the rules to make it easier to repeat the trick!

Scottish football isn’t just bent ..it is laughable.

March 14, 2024 8:05 am

BAD,JUSTSAYIN

I didn’t suggest sending e-mails,and just leaving it at that. I said to withdraw from the HCTS and boycott the merchandise,and THEN send the mails explaining why.

People withdrawing from the HCTS might not in itself give the board some thought. I’m sure they would explain it away as being a result of the dire economic situation or summat. Shirt sales are down? Same thing,or maybe the new out-of-this-world designs are too much for us plebs to take in. An avalanche of mails telling them why,and in advance? Explain that wan,Batman. Telling them that you too will be joining the many others who cancel their season ticket if they don’t get their finger out their arse? Yep. Concentrate their minds wonderfully.

It’s not just e-mails. It’s e-mails explaining the boycott and explaining why you are boycotting,and what comes next.

March 14, 2024 8:33 am

UBER

Just Sayin’
March 14, 2024 8:45 am

I couldn’t tell you how many season ticket holders read SC, I am not one, but if you were to conduct a straw poll asking how many are willing to give up next season the numbers would be instructive of at least the informed blog readers viewpoint. 5%, 10%, 50%?

Is it anywhere near enough to make a difference when widened across the entire support?
Many of whom will continue to support undeterred.

It’s all very well non Season ticket holders asking those that go to desist, but if it’s a big part of your socialisation experience it’s not something that will be done lightly.

March 14, 2024 8:46 am

Were the club worried about boycotts, or any other hollow threats, when they charged you £50 to watch us play a team that doesn’t exist? Did they seem worried about some walking away for good? Was there even the hint of worry? The answer is no!

Why have the club never told the truth about the death of Rangers? Why is fleecing and scamming our own fans more important than truth? Why are Celtic sites so reluctant to talk about the ticket scam?? So many questions, so few answers.

Threaten all you want, they aint listening! The only fans that matter to them, are the fans who want to keep kidding themselves they are watching a sporting competition and to pay £50 to watch us play a supernatural football club! It ain’t sport I’m afraid, it’s just another bunch of actors telling you one thing while doing another.

You are not getting the club from these people.
You are not changing the status quo.
You are not changing the refs.
You are not reforming the sfa.
You are not getting the club to be what you want it to be.
You are not even getting the truth!
You either choose to stay and get scammed, or you walk away.

You think they didn’t expect a % to walk? They knew fine well some of us would find their stance impossible to swallow.

Threaten all you want ..send as many emails as you like ..they won’t even get past the little helpers they have everywhere.

As a very wise man once said …

Hmmm!

Óglach
March 14, 2024 9:16 am

SATURDAY 14TH
Again, another uneventful somewhat boring day. My weight is 58.25 kgs, and no medical complaints. I read the papers, which are full of trash.

Tonight’s tea was pie and beans, and although hunger may fuel my imagination (it looked a powerful-sized meal), I don’t exaggerate: the beans were nearly falling off the plate. If I said this all the time to the lads, they would worry about me, but I’m all right.

It was inviting (I’m human too) and I was glad to see it leave the cell. Never would I have touched it, but it was a starving nuisance. Ha! My God, if it had have attacked, I’d have fled.

I was going to write about a few things I had in my head but they’ll wait. I am looking forward to the brief company of all the lads at Mass tomorrow. You never know when it could be the last time that you may ever see them again.

I smoked some cigarettes today. We still defeat them in this sphere. If the Screws only knew the half of it; the ingenuity of the POW is something amazing. The worse the situation the greater the ingenuity. Someday it may all be revealed.

On a personal note, Liam Og (the pseudonym for Bobby Sands’ Republican Movement contact on the outside), I just thought I’d take this opportunity tonight of saying to your good hard-working self that I admire you all out there and the unselfish work that you all do and have done in the past, not just for the H-Blocks and Armagh, but for the struggle in general.

I have always taken a lesson from something that was told me by a sound man, that is, that everyone, Republican or otherwise, has his own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small, no one is too old or too young to do something.

There is that much to be done that no select or small portion of people can do, only the greater mass of the Irish nation will ensure the achievement of the Socialist Republic, and that can only be done by hard work and sacrifice.

So, mo chara, for what it’s worth, I would like to thank you all for what you have done and I hope many others follow your example, and I’m deeply proud to have known you all and prouder still to call you comrades and friends.

On a closing note, I’ve noticed the Screws have been really slamming the cell doors today, in particular my own. Perhaps a good indication of the mentality of these people, always vindictive, always full of hate. I’m glad to say that I am not like that.

Well, I must go to rest up as I found it tiring trying to comb my hair today after a bath.

So venceremos, beidh bua againn eigin la eigin. Sealadaigh abu.

(Translated, this reads as follows:)

So venceremos, we will be victorious someday. Up the Provos.

March 14, 2024 9:17 am

BAD

So what you’re telling us is that we need to do something but that there’s no point in doing anything anyway? People are reaching the end of their tether,but just carry on regardless because you say it’s all a waste of time?

Whenever we throw options out on here to show the club that they better start meaning business because we do,and we hold all the cards,and also to let the club know WHY we are boycotting,you tell us it’s all pointless anyway? This,after demanding for months that we do just that?

Ever thought of changing your moniker to Private Fraser?

madmitch
March 14, 2024 9:21 am

DD has thick skin but not elephant thick.
He has golfing mates to deal with and they will gossip.
Not sure he would want some very public infighting to spoil his legacy.

He seems to have woken up to the exec level chaos we have generated this season.
Hopefully this is just the start of him putting his head above the parapet and playing an active part.
10 weeks to save our season then we have the summer to regroup.

March 14, 2024 9:24 am

Bobby,

You’ve lost me.

I don’t remember telling you to do a single thing.

I demanded for months that we boycott!?

I’m afraid you are getting me mixed up with someone else.

And no, I’m not interested in changing my name, ta!

madmitch
March 14, 2024 9:26 am

PMV @ come of that fence and tell us what you really think.

Pure frontier gibberish but interesting all the same.
We have an underperforming squad at the moment.
And you have to ask why.

I don’t think our squad standards are high at the moment — effort / dedication / engagement at training would appear to be poor.
I have blamed the SPL and you offer a more recent / personal explanation.

One thing to ponder — our issues with penalties has been with us for quite some time.
And our issues with penalties points to poor standards at training.

Our issues with penalties — A lot longer than BR’s second coming.
You might want to cut him some slack.

March 14, 2024 9:41 am

I’ll tell you what we are dealing with in regards to the people who run our club.
I have an ambulant season ticket and am situated in the Tommy Burns View at the North West corner of the Jock Stein stand. This ticket that I have has always included All Home Games. European, Cup and friendlies in the price that I pay.

As a member of CDSA I attend regular fans forums for disabled fans. Last season we had 3 of these such forums where everything is discussed, from car parking to ticket prices . At the last forum in May of last year it was suggested that we might have to pay for some cup games , but wouldn’t be considered until season 24/25 and we would be updated at the next forum.
At the beginning of this season at 17.30 on a Thursday evening , all disabled season ticket holders received an email to say that we had to join the HCTS ,with no explanation.
The CDSA have since had meetings with Nicholson and reps from the ticket office, but they have refused to meet the fans , face to face at a fans forum.
This is the kind of people who are running our club.

Pitymevin
March 14, 2024 9:48 am

MM frontier gibberish, that’s a cracker made me laugh and I’ve needed a good laugh even if it is at my expense 👌

madmitch
March 14, 2024 9:52 am

PMV @ 9.48

Don’t blame me — blame Mel Brooks.
He was a really funny guy.
Johnson Johnson CSC

March 14, 2024 9:53 am

ST TAMS

That’s disgraceful,and deserves to be highlighted. Stuck for words,in all honesty.

Pitymevin
March 14, 2024 10:11 am

Blazing saddles

March 14, 2024 10:14 am

Bobby,

And if I was telling others to boycott for months, it should be simple enough to go into the archives and show me some examples, eh?

while you’re at it, show me just ONE example of me demanding ANYTHING of ANYONE.

madmitch
March 14, 2024 10:16 am

PMV @ last night.

Penalties / corners / throw ins — I think they tell a story.
The SPL breeds poor habits and our performance levels point to ongoing low intensity training / lack of focus.

As for the “never go back” angle regarding BR and his re-appearance,

Didn’t sit right with me to the point that the extended courtship with DD involved seemed to be a bit of a charade.
So I was surprised when BR said yes and there was a lot of positive chat about being on the same page.

Plus I thought that BR coming back / DD involved meant that PL was back in his box and Moneyball was off the agenda..
Proper Chairman’s role — watching brief and only appearing on high days and holidays.

So to me the shambles of the first seven months — PL pulling the strings to get back at BR in a willie waving contest.
Definitely not what I was expecting when DD got involved plus there was a bit of history.
BR 2016 — DD heavily involved and PL was put back in his box for the next two years.
He played nice because that is what DD wanted.

BR vs the squad — the issue is live and out in the open / not a good look.
I think that it is a secondary issue that could / can be overcome as the season progresses.

For me — we have to back the manager.
Our current squad hasn’t earned the right to demand change.

NL / 20/21 — the NT element of that squad downed tools big time.
AP / 22/23 — the CL campaign was too much for quite a few and the belief was lacking / manager leaving and it was a go slow.
BR / 23/24 — not a great mix / performance levels have been shocking / 8 good halves of football so far this season.

So if the strains / struggles in the dressing room are becoming existential then we have to back the manager.

Uber Feenyin
March 14, 2024 10:18 am

” UBER

While it’s nice to see you returning,we don’t encourage personal attacks,nor the discussion of other sites here. Yellow card,and not in a meaningless Bougherra way either. ”

Some things I can take on the chin, but being compared to Bougherra and his card dodging chubby arse is a bit too far…..

Ffs man. 👊👊🤣🤣🤣

March 14, 2024 12:25 pm
Bigrailroadblues
March 14, 2024 12:28 pm

Good afternoon all from the Brazen Head. Pouring down in old Glasgow Town. Hope it rains all day on the rancid hun.

March 14, 2024 12:34 pm

Leggy, if you’re lurking, from the messages from Bobby and Mahe and from your posts I understand its yersel that’s having health issues. I just want to add my wishes to those you’ve already received and wish you the best of luck as you travel this journey.
Good Health to you!! 💚🤍🧡

maccargo
March 14, 2024 12:44 pm

Cup semi is live on council tele…

March 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Perhaps some are wondering how I am managing as a non Celtic supporter. It has been six weeks since I chucked it. Overall, I am happy with my decision but it has not been easy. I still look for Celtic results and wonder about the games. There was so much controversy over the Hearts game that, I confess, I watched a re-run of the first half. Shame on me!

I think it will be very difficult to overturn the decisions on the sending-off and the penalty. There is too much at stake for the refs, VAR, and the SFA. I do not think that arguments based solely on the actual incidents have any chance of success. Not much has, but comparative evidence from other games is the only hope. Even that is a slim one. The simple truth is that Celtic very rarely get favourable decisions when it gets down to a judgement call by a ref. Both of these situations, sending off and the penalty, involve judgement calls by the ref. In the first, the off decision, was Yang’s boot high? Yep, VAR shows this. Was it dangerous to Cochrane? Judgement call by the ref. For the penalty, two players “handled” the ball. Was the arm of the first in an unnatural position? Judgement call. For Iwata, the same.

The club have not made a huge fuss over this prior to BR’s hearing, as it did not prior to the appeal on Yang’s red card. That would have been a key tactic to have used, much as Sevco do. Now, evidence and decisions will be heard and made in private, which suits the establishment.

Prepare to be outraged.

Rebus

March 14, 2024 12:54 pm

SC kickoff 12:30 better than the 5:30 alternative!

March 14, 2024 12:55 pm

LEGGY

I was just about to post to you, and saw this from (psychic) McCaff. Uncanny. He said it best, and I second his post below. Keep yer pecker up, limit interaction with that rapscallion renegade BBRB, and get yersel weel!
Iniquitous IV😊💚🍀

Good Health to you!! 💚🤍🧡

March 14, 2024 1:19 pm

Leggy,

I wish you all the best my friend.

Rebus,

I’m glad you have found some sort of peace of mind with this.

March 14, 2024 1:38 pm

Rebus…good to see you on, I hope you’re well!
My take on the Disciplinary Hearing is based on nothing more than blinding naivete!
With my limited knowledge of the SFA Dsiciplinary procedures the circumstances of the decisions of the referee/VAR should not be taken into account. The charge does not refer to the ref/Var it refers to Brendan’s behaviour. It is undeniable that Brendan has breached the Disciplinary Rules as he is forbidden to criticise, by any means, the officials. It’s the classic play on words and bureaucracy that gets Officialdom out of trouble every time.
My hope is that, despite being resigned to defeat the Club should be employing the best available KC Counsel to defend Brendan with a complete dossier of the times the Club have already brought incidents to the attention of the SFA with a second document full of examples of incidents which have benefitted R2ngers against every other club in the League. This should highlight the subjectivity of decisions based on the colour of your jersey. Threats of escalation to the CAS should accompany the Appeal, even if it is as an off the record remark to someone to relay the message. We should be throwing everything at this as it the single biggest opportunity we’ve had to throw light on what is happening every week in this country.
But as I said, my opinion is based on a ridiculous notion of the Club being serious about challenging these feckers!!
#Don’tHaudYerBreathCSC

March 14, 2024 2:03 pm

I’m sure the Irish guy on the racing there was from Strabane….

Bigrailroadblues
March 14, 2024 2:09 pm

Iniquitousiv
An outrageous slur on my sober character. Harrumph!!!!

SteveNaive
March 14, 2024 2:36 pm

Rebus,

If you look for the results you’re still a supporter.

You can check out anytime you like
But you can never leave.

Hail hail.

SFTB
March 14, 2024 2:58 pm

Superbru Round 29 update

With 8 matches in this long “week” there was a chance to break the newly set target of 17 points by Hutchybhoy. Our round winner had a good go but most of us struggled in this round.

Our Top 3 are:-

Bognorbhoy- 14.5 pts
=. One Malloy & A thing of beauty- 11.5 pts
4= Angel Gabriel & Big Jimmy- 10.5 pts

Our bottom dwelling Sebo group this week, managed to do worse than my paltry 3 points

Nine inept punters gained 1.5 pts each. They are:-

Kolncelt, Chalmersbhoy, 18 Yard Man, Aipple, BMCUWP, The class of 67 and 3 others. Those 3 others were picked out of the group of 9 to get a triple wooden spoon award. They were- Pannysbhoy, Greenpinata & James Cant who must have upset computers in a past life.

This leaves our Leaderboard as:-

One Malloy- our new leader making a late run in sprint- 188.5 pts
Billy Bhoy- 184.5 pts
BC Milan- 184 pts

I asked this before of Hugh- is the One Malloy in your moniker relating to this fascinating character?

Our overall wooden spoon contenders from the regular weekly punters are:-

Friesdorfer- 89.5 pts
Chalmersbhoy- 103 pts
Aipple- 104 pts

We have £260 left in the prize pot for the final 4 end of season prizes – the 5th prize- the wooden spoon will be provided by myself free of charge.

The prizes will be:-

Winner- £95
Second- £55
Third- £35

Best Weekly Total- Currently Hutchybhoy with 17 pts- £75

Our next deadline will be Saturday 16th March with 5 matches kicking off at 3 pm, and Sevco’s next dropped points will be a 12 noon kick off on St. Patrick’s Day.

Good Luck to you all!

March 14, 2024 3:49 pm

McCaff,, Iniquitous IV, BAD,

Thanks for your messages.

Much appreciated 👍

HH 💚💚💚💚

San Luis
March 14, 2024 4:48 pm

Rebus

Agree 100% on your assessment of Hearts events and possible outcome.

Our club have signed up to the charade that is the Scottish Premiership. We can and will have no quibble on the agreed outcomes of a rigged competition or the necessity of officials to intervene to fix match results. How could we?

March 14, 2024 5:02 pm

This is report back from CST on their meetings with bloggers and supporters in Feb

https://celtictrust.net/2024/03/14/celtic-trust-meet-the-bloggers-the-vloggers-the-podcasters-and-the-fans/ .

Good to see the thoughts on how to go forward linked to here at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IAPRvu6G7NNOzUiTCFOxAcLpmU_2PQel/edit?usp=drivesdk&ouid=107947982974245186134&rtpof=true&sd=true

becoming more of a reality.

Sol Kitts
March 14, 2024 5:04 pm

30°C in Barbados at the moment. Can’t access my apps to watch any football, so relying on you guys for updates. Mon the Benfica…..

March 14, 2024 5:09 pm

HI pal ,That said, whilst we can opt out of the charade, Celtic will always have an emotional tug that will draw us in to see if they are still doing well, despite their faults and failings. you do know they colluded with the grate glesca rainjurs and helped bury the 5 WAY AGREEMENT A feckin bunch of orange freemason bassas,another true story.LOL 😂

March 14, 2024 5:23 pm

I’m often baffled at the games selected viewing by main stream TV, in this case, the Spanish language station Univision. Out of 16 games today, they picked Liverpool vs Sparta, the very game where the outcome does not have a shred of doubt. Can anyone see Liverpool losing by 5 goals at Anfield?

March 14, 2024 5:40 pm

Steve,

You are correct. Celtic will never completely leave my being. In my letter to the club, I outlined the good experiences that I had with the club, including, e.g., big Yogi playing in sannies and terrorizing the opposition!
I outlined how important it was to find a club that was open to all. I contrasted these good times, not always winning, with the results of poor administration today.

As time goes on, it may get easier or harder to stand outside the circle. I do not know. At least I feel free from deliberating on how to reform the Scottish game and/or the club. Those latter issues caused me more distress than the current “performance” of the team.

Have a good fay/evening.

Rebus

Sol Kitts
March 14, 2024 5:43 pm

Huns game on some channel called SMAX1.

March 14, 2024 5:46 pm

Huns unbeaten in previous 11 European ties against Portuguese sides.
They seem to have the Indian sign over them.

March 14, 2024 5:47 pm

Sol Kitts.
All 16 games on Paramount, Sol, if you can access a VPN.

March 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Bigotdome commentator refers to both teams as ‘ European giants.’

Sol Kitts
March 14, 2024 5:50 pm

I want to know how they’ve played 399 European games since 2012.

March 14, 2024 5:51 pm

Sol Kitts
I want to know how they’ve played 399 European games since 2012.
———————————
At light speed?

March 14, 2024 5:53 pm

Huns will patiently wait for Benfica ( or referee ) mistake, which is inevitable.

1 2 3 5