Update to Referee Improvement Resolution

Hi Folks.

I thought it was about time to provide an up date on the Referee Resolution.

I had thought that by now that 100 target would have been reached but we have about 64 signups either sent direct to Celtic by post or with Sentinel Celts as images to pass to Celtic.

This initiative largely  depends on awareness via social media and there has been activity in that area. The prompted ACSOM podcast on patterns of assistance has raised awareness thanks to CelticByNumbers providing support and bloggers like James Forrest have provided a reference.

However more needs to be done and the attached article that Not The View have published introduces is all part of raising awareness.

I think it will be necessary to draw in the CSA to get support from the ST Holder angle that the NTV article refers to and I hope to meet CSA Chief Joe O Rourke to enlist their help. Joe has been helpful in the past on Res12 up to a point.

However the CST are key to reaching shareholders whose details they have, but I’m not so sure of obtaining their engagement given past interactions with them. However, if any of you are CST members and support the Referees Res you might be able to assist in seeking their support.

Summing up: events between now and the end of the season (like today’s red card to Killie) only strengthen the perception that matters cannot be allowed to continue as they are and the campaign for Referee Reform will have to continue over the summer so that by September our Res will be on the AGM agenda.

Thanks for the sign ups so far and for any help you can provide over the coming months.

You can read our article on a resolution for improving refereeing standards here.

Notify of
May 9, 2024 9:06 am

VIVE LE RESOLUTION!!!!

Join the growing numbers of our readers who have had enough of referees In hun scarves.

May 9, 2024 9:06 am

The Sentinel Celts Charity Drive has nominated Blood Cancer UK as the recipient for funds for the six months to 31/07/2024,and we are getting close to achieving our LATEST TARGET.

We have set up a GoFundMe page for those who have some spare cash to donate,even from a lucky windfall or finding a tenner in the street.

Click on the link for more details,including how to donate.

Please give generously to a very deserving cause. Although our first targets have now been achieved-and many thanks for your generosity!-we can always hope to do more.

SteveNaive
May 9, 2024 9:47 am

André Villas-Boas has just been elected President of Porto by the members.

Had good fun yesterday with mates thinking who would we elect for Celtic.

Martin O Neill
Jim Craig
John Clark
Big Roy
Danny
Henrik
Lubo
Frank McAvennie
Strong consensus for…
Albert Kidd

May 9, 2024 10:01 am

STEVENAIVE

Martin would be my pick. In the absence of a president,I’d make him the chairman. Would have been a better,more prudent and wiser appointment than the current one.

May 9, 2024 10:33 am

The article that Not The View published can be read at

It offers shareholders who purchase Not The View an opportunity to sign up to the Referee Resolution as well as alerting ST Holders that if enough do that to reach the 100 plus target that they will be given the opportunity to show support.

SFTB
May 9, 2024 11:29 am

This was the song played at the end of Get %7’s funeral service:-

Funny moment as we were taking a phot of the wreath and were last to leave the church, we met the wee priest returning who was exclaiming to his mate about the Zep song- “what was that noise at the end- is it just me?”

I’m sure Ger57 would have laughed at that

May 9, 2024 3:15 pm

Blog is quiet today.

And, given the importance of the game this weekend, the lead up to the game seems quieter than normal. I have noticed a distinct lack of news/usuall craziness that these games typically stir up. Not sure why that is.

May 9, 2024 3:21 pm

@CelticFCSLO
For info from Portuguese FA:

We would like you to inform Celtic FC fans that our National Stadium (Jamor) will not be receiving visits on May 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th, June 7th to 10th, because of the National Cup Final and National team match against Croatia.

May 9, 2024 3:44 pm

Good day from ward 10 of the Southern General. Had a wee fall at home last week. Turns out that I managed to give myself an impacted fracture,on the left side of the left knee, where the knee meets the fibia. Ouch!! Had an operation last Thursday under general anaesthetic. The op thank the Lord, was successful. I am now in a full length leg brace, which certainly helps. I was hoping to be out either today or tomorrow, but will now be kept in for another couple of weeks, for intensive physio, under supervision.
It’s not all bad news though. The meals are at 8, 12, 5, with a light supper in the evening. Happy days. Got my phone back today, as one of the staff very kindly volunteered to fetch the phone from me flat.

Let’s get into this mob on Saturday.

May 9, 2024 3:50 pm

Magua, hope you recover soon.

May 9, 2024 3:55 pm

Magua

So I’m guessing this means you wont be in the squad for the game on the weekend?

Speedy recovery.

May 9, 2024 3:57 pm

MIT/St tams

Thanks, bhoys. Much appreciated.

May 9, 2024 4:02 pm

Magua,

You take care of yourself and a speedy recovery 👍

A 4-0 victory on Saturday ( You heard it here first ) will rapidly increase your mood.

HH 💚💚💚

May 9, 2024 4:05 pm

Celtic are 10/11 with Hills to win on Saturday.

Ching Ching Ching !!!!!!!!

Bet responsibly and Cuban cigars with Champagne are very expensive 😁

COYBIG 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

INIQUITOUS iV
May 9, 2024 4:22 pm

Magua
Late fitness test pending on Saturday morning?
You didn’t mention that you were perhaps pished when you took a tumble?
Get well soon!
Iniquitous IV😊

May 9, 2024 4:28 pm

Hey Magua not such good news but hoping for a full recovery. Hope you msnage to somehow catch Saturday’s game – I need all the voters I can get! SENCELPOTY@GMAIL.COM

May 9, 2024 4:29 pm

HI MAGUA hoe you have a speedy recovery, wee joan sends you her best wishes,,ive got a ticket for the gemme oan seterday but would you believe it its at the copeland road end, im beelin so amur hope ye can still walk roon the terracing like we did in the guid oul days, im not stauning in among that shower wae ma sellic tammy oan no chance,another true story.LOL 😂

May 9, 2024 4:32 pm

Cheers, mate. Rumour has it, that I’m in with a chance of playing in defence for the Huns on Saturday. 😀

INIQUITIOUS IV

I’ll take the 5th on that wan. 😂

Jobo

Thanks, Jobo. Back to listening on radio, I’m afraid. Never a good situation for the old nerves.

Big Packy.💚 to Joan.

Cheers, pal.

Ha Hail.

maccargo
May 9, 2024 4:38 pm

I’m now officially nervous, I’m ok with us being confident….I started the week like that myself but seeing every single current bun columnist back us to win is deeply concerning lol

May 9, 2024 4:54 pm

Magua- terrible news,look after yourself

INIQUITOUS iV
May 9, 2024 4:56 pm
maccargo
May 9, 2024 5:00 pm

“Let’s go take the game to them and see what they’ve got”

May 9, 2024 5:03 pm

bada bing

Thank you. It’s not so bad, if truth be told. I’m on crutches for another 5 weeks, before I will be allowed to bear weight on the left leg. The physio I’m receiving at the moment, is geared towards building me up for that day. Now that I’ve got my phone, some books, and reading glasses back, the next few weeks should be more bearable.Thanks again. 👍

INIQUITOUS iV
May 9, 2024 5:12 pm

Stunning old foties of Dear Old Glesga Toon.

May 9, 2024 5:13 pm

Magua,

Get well soon buddy 🍀🍀

maccargo
May 9, 2024 5:15 pm

Magua

Wishing you a speedy and trouble free recovery, a six nil win to the good guys on Saturday will be the best painkiller going!

May 9, 2024 5:29 pm

maccargo

Much appreciated. I’ll settle for a scrappy 1-0 win, if that’s what it takes. I’ll be a gibbering wreck during the game, that’s for sure. 👍

Drew67
May 9, 2024 5:52 pm

Nae luck Magua.Speedy recovery mate

May 9, 2024 5:56 pm

Drew67

Thanks, Drew. 👍

Hail Hail.

May 9, 2024 5:56 pm

Speedy recovery MAGUA
Is BRRB going to sneak you in a few cans, for medicinal purposes obviously.

The Star Above The Crest
May 9, 2024 5:57 pm

Magua,

Get well soon

May 9, 2024 6:13 pm

Magua,

Don’t give me this crutches nonsense !!!!

You can order the beers on line so the next Shipbank do, it’s your round 👍🍀

Don’t tell BRRB CSC 💚💚💚

May 9, 2024 6:26 pm

That sounds like a plan. 😀

The Star Above The Crest

Thank you. 👍

Craig76

Chance would be a fine thing. 😁

Auldbhoy67
May 9, 2024 6:32 pm

36hours to go but who’s counting. First stop after golf tomorrow a slab of sqwer and some rolls. Early start Saturday for me and my ghirl.

Sol Kitts
May 9, 2024 6:32 pm

Magua
As someone who has suffered numerous knee injuries I can relate to how you’re feeling right now. The recovery is way harder than the op, because it’s tempting to cut corners and not strictly follow the strict exercise plans. Stick with it and be patient, is the best advice I can give.

Auldbhoy67
May 9, 2024 6:37 pm

In my younger days tore ligaments and cartilage at same time courtesy of Irvine Meadow goalpost. Strapped for weeks and then the physio. The woman hated men I’m sure of it. Worst part of all – The itch you can’t get too. Nightmare. Get a plastic ruler on standby.

May 9, 2024 6:38 pm

Best wishes on a full recovery,MAGUA. Hopefully you can watch the game on Saturday.

May 9, 2024 6:41 pm

MAGUA

Listen to the good advice from Hopalong Cassidy at 632.

(That’s good coming from me,AKA f..k that get me a taxi.)

May 9, 2024 6:48 pm

Sol Kitts

Sound advice. No pain, no gain, as they say. Enjoy the game on Saturday.

Auldbhoy67

I have quite good pain tolerance, but itch drives me up the wall.

All the rooms in the orthopaedic wards are private. Didn’t know such things existed in the NHS. I have my own wee telly, with built in radio, so twill probably be Radio Scotland. Gulp. Thanks for your good wishes.

May 9, 2024 6:52 pm

BAD

Thank you. The Celts doing the biz on Saturday, will do us all a power of good. Here’s hoping…

Hail Hail.

BelmontBrian63
May 9, 2024 7:17 pm

Evening all.

MAGUA

You are such an attention seeking Mhan, the lengths you go to get people talking about you !!!!!!
🙂 🙂 🙂

On a serious note, sounds like you’ve given yourself a sore one.

J, M & K are asking for you. I’ll give you a bell and you can let me know the visiting times.

Take care my friend, you are in good hands.

Brian.

May 9, 2024 7:19 pm

MAGUA

Fortunately I’ve only been in hospital twice, and had outstanding treatment. Second time for about ten days with a nasty bout of pneumonia. Which is where I discovered “the white menu”. I’d dropped 9.5 kg and when they found that out,a nutritionist put me on that special menu-it was like being in the Ritz!

To the extent that when I was told at 11am one day that I was discharged and free to leave,I asked if I could stay for lunch since it was already ordered. Which they agreed to,I might add

First time,ridiculously,as about two years earlier. For a nosebleed of all things. Burst artery in my nose,so far up just beneath my eye that their choice was to let me bleed out enough for the artery to heal. They reckoned that I’d lost about two litres of blood by the time it stopped. But the only way they could monitor my blood loss was-you guessed it-in a private ward,full montyof tv and Wi-Fi facilities and constant supervision

Fantastic as the treatment was pre-covid times,I much prefer never to see a hospital again.

BelmontBrian63
May 9, 2024 7:22 pm

MAGUA

I suppose I’ll have to open a bottle of Rosini on your behalf, I’m such a thoughtful soul. 🙂

May 9, 2024 7:36 pm

BelmontBrian63

Thanks, a chara. Tell the family I was asking after them.

Onthefeckin’wagonCSC

The meals in here are outstanding. 4 meals a day. If you’re still peckish, the wee trolley comes round twice a day, with a selection of goodies to buy. The staff are all wonderful, and the craic is brilliant.

Hail Hail.

INIQUITOUS iV
May 9, 2024 8:02 pm

Locked out of these 3 games by internet issue. Very frustrating. I get to last screen in Paramount, click on it and nada happens.

A Thing Of Beauty
May 9, 2024 8:02 pm

Magua,
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you are back on your feet soon.

INIQUITOUS iV
May 9, 2024 8:07 pm

Only twice in hospital your whole life? And you an old timer? Have you any idea how lucky you are?
Long may your luck continue.😊
Iniquitous IV

May 9, 2024 8:08 pm

ATOB

Thank you for your kind words.

Hail Hail.