The Sentinel Celts Grand Annual Naps Competition-Part Nine

The Sentinel Celts Grand Annual Naps Competition commences on 19 August. This time,it will run until the last day of Royal Ascot. A minor tweak to the rules will see the introduction of two Jokers,to be played on the Saturday of your choice,with double the odds if they win.

The site has been fortunate in having terrific contributors. And very generous ones too. TWISTY has sponsored the NAPS competition for the last few years,but unfortunately personal circumstances mean that he cannot guarantee the time to do so this year.

So the site will provide half of the prize money this year,with that total being matched by 16 ROADS.

Tho other three Naps competitions will also take place as usual. CHALMERSBHOY has very kindly offered to sponsor the ones at Cheltenham and Aintree,while the RA one will be my own. Very generous offers indeed,I’m sure you will agree. And 16 ROADS,CHALMERSBHOY and TWISTY all have our grateful thanks.

As always,the competition will be run on a separate page and selections will ONLY be accepted on that page. Entry is free,but a charitable donation of your choice is requested but not mandatory. It’s only a bit of fun,after all!

The rules are simple. One Nap selection every Saturday.

Selections from any meeting in UK and Ireland on the Saturday only,though any non-runner can be replaced prior to the “off” of that race. Any not replaced will automatically go onto the favourite in the last race on the Saturday evening. Winning Jokers will have the SP of their selection doubled,and each Joker displayed in the updated table.

Prize money as follows:

Winner-£150

2nd-£60

3rd-£40

Good luck with this to everyone,and may the best Napster win!

******

ADDITIONAL PRIZE FROM CHALMERSBHOY

Thanks Bobby for running this competition and to 16 roads for his generosity also great thanks to TWISTY for running this competition previously.

Running alongside the nap competition will be chance to win a £10 bet for The Sentinel Celts Charity Drive,and you can bet it on anything you wish.

The most winners in each month will win.

IF tied on winners it will be decided on who amassed the highest pay out to a £1 stake.

Notify of
Cosy corner bhoy
June 15, 2024 1:24 pm

Cover Point 1535 York

The Real McCoy
June 15, 2024 1:26 pm

York 4:45 John Chard VC
Good Luck Everyone 🤞
Thanks organisers 🙏🏻
HH💚🍀

June 15, 2024 2:09 pm

Embarrassed to have stuck a pin in another winner. And unusually I stuck ten bob each way on it!

Last edited 27 days ago by Jobo Baldie
June 16, 2024 1:14 pm

Had to laugh at my Lucky 15 yesterday. First one came in at a nice 12/1. Second was close up third(but still not first). The other two got beat by a combined 98 lengths over 1m and 1m 6f. Presumably lame.

I’m obviously a bad bastert. Ended the careers of two horses with one betting slip.

June 16, 2024 1:17 pm

JOBO

Great timing,terrific selection. That was my 12/1 winner too,but unfortunately I didn’t nap it.

June 17, 2024 12:42 pm

Cracker from JOBO at 12/1 tightens up the race for the top,while VOGUEPUNTER does his chances no harm at all with a 4/1 shot. All to play for on the LAST WEEKEND while some of us will be hoping for a 50/1 winner in the big sprint handicap at Ascot.

Standings after Week 44

G64………….….-£21.87
16ROADS………-£24.00
CCB………..…..-£25.83 (J)
CRAIG76………-£27.66 (J)
CCE..…….….…-£28,75 (J)
MCCAFF…..….-£44.00

Usual caveat-any mistakes in the table,please let me know.

Last edited 25 days ago by BOBBY MURDOCH’S CURLED-UP WINKLEPICKERS
June 17, 2024 12:48 pm

Please note,folks. This is the final weekend of a marathon. I’ll post the results around a week from now,and give it a week from there for any disputes to be raised or settled. Last call for disputes to be raised will be Sunday 30 June,all results are final after that.

June 22, 2024 12:41 am

June 22, 2024 7:01 am

Morning all

Kilt 3.20 Newmarket

good luck all (except big Bada ) 😁 🍀

16 roads
June 22, 2024 7:10 am

15:55 @ Down Royal – Psalm – NAP!

Good luck everyone. 🍀🐎

June 22, 2024 8:12 am

Huge price needed,so

Fasol 615 Ascot

Good luck,everyone. Back later in the year for the next Naps competition.

Last edited 20 days ago by BOBBY MURDOCH’S CURLED-UP WINKLEPICKERS
June 22, 2024 8:15 am

Good morning, friends.
Final pin of the season ends up in the 2.45 from Newmarket – GOGO YUBARI, a 15/2 shot.
Thanks for all the organising!

Twisty

4.35 Newmarket-Wonder Smile- JOKER

June 22, 2024 12:49 pm

COSYCORNERBHOY Nap is

Rumstar (Nap) 505 Ascot

The Real McCoy
June 22, 2024 1:28 pm

Stick with one of my Ascot picks
Ascot 5:40 Portsmouth
Good Luck Everyone 🤞
HH💚🍀

June 24, 2024 8:20 am

While I have to say that this has been an enjoyable competition for all of its 45-week duration,it has probably gone on too long. The next be will be shorter,probably from the beginning of October till the Guineas weekend in May. I look forward to hearing from you all again then,along with hopefully a few other lambs to the slaughter.

Final standings. Correspondence will be open until Sunday 30 June for entrants to contact me regarding errors and omissions. After that,the prize money will be declared and paid out.

The final weekend wasn’t our proudest moment,with only MAHE striking at 11/8 in the opener at Ascot. A very impressive winner it was too.

TWISTY…………+£24.37 (2xJ)

CCB………..…..-£26.83 (J)

CRAIG76………-£28.66 (J)

CCE..…….….…-£29.75 (J)

MCCAFF…..….-£45.00

Last edited 18 days ago by BOBBY MURDOCH’S CURLED-UP WINKLEPICKERS
June 24, 2024 9:17 am

As things stand,the first prize of £150 has been won by TWISTY.

2nd prize of £60 goes to JOBO BALDIE.

3rd prize of £40 goes to BADA BING.

Well done to the three winners,and commiserations to those who tried valiantly but came up short. We live to fight again,and the crown is only on loan.

June 29, 2024 12:37 pm

Payments made to Blood Cancer UK,our nominated charity,on behalf of those prizewinners in our Royal Ascot Naps Competition and the marathon Saturday Naps Competition who asked for that to be done.

Quite rightly,others have asked for theirs to be allocated elsewhere,which I have also done. I’ll need to make it clearer in future competitions that prize money won belongs to the winnners to do as they see fit,rather than have an unstated “moral obligation” to hand it back.

The idea behind requesting a small (and non-mandatory!) entry fee to charity in return for taking part works,as the sum raised by doing so is about three times the total prize money. Thank you all very much for that. But if people think that winning one of those prizes is meaningless as they have to hand it back,then it doesn’t work very well!

I’m open to suggestions on how we deal we this,as are TWISTY,CHALMERSBHOY and 16 ROADS,whose contributions have been immense. We want to get it right,increase the fundraising AND keep the customers happy.

Next competition will probably start in October,so give it some thought please. All suggestions welcome.

June 29, 2024 10:52 pm

Can’t believe the schoolboy error I made right at the end of this competition. You guys trust me to correctly collate around 1000 selections,do the simple arithmetic etc. Then once I’ve done all that,to announce the final results.

And I can’t even read the bliddy table properly!!!

Turns out that BADA BING did not finish third,that place rightly belongs to VOGUEPUNTER, who has also decided on a generous donation of his prize to our nominated charity.

My thanks for pointing this out,lads. And since I know you are good pals,I expect you’ll be ripping me a new one next time I bump into you. While I humbly apologise,I canny deny that I deserve all the ribbing that’s coming to me!